~25~

Note: A third of the way through the editing. I know the last chapter was heartbreaking but **Spoiler alert** the steroids changed Sebastian's personality in the month they've been apart. Of course, he was going to be different. 

Edited September 2023

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

I felt so numb. 

"Adaline," Mom said coming into my room. 

I was laying on my bed, which I had stripped bare. the blankets were on the ground and so were the pillows. 

I was wearing a blue long sleeve and black leggings. I actually haven't let my be in a week. I had managed not ot feel anything on the next two performances after opening night then i came into my room and began packing everything about Sebastian and shoved it under my desk. 

I sobbed and cried for three straight days, and now this was day two of silence. 

"Sweetheart," Mom said sitting behind me on my bed while I stared out my window. "I know you're feeling unwell. But you can't miss school anymore."

I didn't say anything. 

"Adaline Selene Anderson! It is time to get out of bed and tell me what is wrong?"

Oh, Blaine hadn't told her. Sorry mom, but I also really don't want to be the one who relives the night Sebastian Symthe was a jackass and destroyed my heart. I'm already living that nightmare every waking moment. 

So giving in to another thing instead should get her off my case. I sat up and looked at Mom who looked annoyed. 

"Fine," I said blatantly. "I'll go to school."

I got up and went to my closet. 

I knew Mom was still here. I just continued changing and putting my hair in a ponytail then grabbed my backpack and walked out. 

"Sweetheart you forgot your dance bag," Mom said following behind me. 

"I'm not dancing," I said and headed out the door. 

"Fine, I'll call Madame Helena you can go tomorrow."

"I'm not dancing anymore, mom," I said then went downstairs. 

"Adaline, eat breakfast," Dad said placing a plate on the counter.

"Not hungry," I said grabbing a water bottle and then heading out the door.