~34~

Note: I know this is a Sebastian Smythe story, and while it is. This is very much Adaline's story. Tommy is very involved in that story. 

With that happy reading!

Rewrite - May 2023

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

I still hadn't told my brothers, my boyfriend, or anyone but Mom that I was pregnant. I didn't even know what do to. Mom asked if she was sure who the father was. and yeah I was sure. There was only one person I was with in December, and that was Tommy. We'd gone two months and a half dating. Mom hadn't told Dad, I didn't want anyone to know until I told Tommy first. 

I know we'd promise this future together and I wanted it so badly. But I wasn't prepared for this to happen so soon. Not with both of us preparing to go to New York together to start the next chapter together. How was that supposed to work with a baby involved?

I was pretty much zoned out as Mr. Shue was going through who we were going against for regionals that was until Brittany came in. 

"Mr. Shue please stop talking I have an announcement," Brittany said. "I regret to inform you a deadly asteroid is headed our way."

We all sat there completely silent.

"Wait didn't we just go through this at Christmas?" My twin asks.

"Yeah, and is it true that you and Sam got Married?" Tina ask. "Did that happen?"

"Wait did that actually happen?" I ask. 

"Shut up Adaline and Tina." Brittany said. "I'm naming this comet tubbington-bopp and it is headed straight to Lima."

"Wait, so is it an asteroid or a comet?"

"It's both," Brittany said.

"Wouldn't NASA know something about this?" I said.

"We can't trust NASA. I mean, last month a meteor exactly like Tubbington-Bopp hit Russia with no warning at all."

"Oh, so now it's a meteor," Artie said

"That's right, Artie, and when this meteorite hits, I will not spend my time in this room preparing for regionals. I will be spending my last hours making amends with somebody who I need to get right with. Someone who I love very much." I glance over at Sam. "Lord Tubbington. So go back to your homes, and hide yo wife, hide your kids, hide your wife. McKinley High, I salute you." Brittany said walking away.

I was sitting beside Tommy looking at him. 

"Everything alright?" he asked. 

I nodded and place a smile on my face. "I'm alright."

I just didn't want to tell anyone or ruin this just yet. 

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

Last chances. That was the assignment. 

If the world was ending tomorrow what would be your last chance? What would you do that you'd never dare? For me it was easy, the one thing I was fearing I needed to tell Tommy. 

So I'm taking the leap. Tomorrow. 

"How about this?" Mom said looking at clothes in the baby section. 

"Mama," I said walking over. 

She looked at me and brushed my hair back. "You haven't told him have you?"

I shook my head and looked at the newborn clothes. I couldn't help but reach up and touch the necklace with the ring. 

"How do I tell him, mama?" I asked him. "Dad is going to freak out. Blaine will be supportive after the shock but... this wasn't supposed to happen to me. I'm supposed to be in Julliard or hopefully I will now I have to defer a year and..."