~18~

Edited April 2023

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

Joffery school. I was walking in with my parents who were talking at the front desk. 

"Ah, Mr. And Mrs. Anderson, such a pleasure to meet you."

"Mr. Moren, nice to meet you," Mom said. "This is Adaline our daughter."

'Adaline, how do you do?"

"Good thanks," I said shaking his hand. 

"Well, I'll cut to the chase. I have seen your daughter dance and I would like for your daughter to join our company."

"She's only in high school," Dad said. "Hasn't graduated yet."

"Oh, that I know, you see I wanted to ask what your plans were after high school."

"Julliard," I told him. "The plan is Julliard?"

Mr. Moren nodded. "Any back-ups? I understand Julliard is quite extensive and acceptance rates are a dime a dozen."

"Joffery is a choice."

"Good, perhaps a tour would convince you more."

So that was what this was. Scouting. 

I basically zoned out and looked around. I could feel the doubt clouding my mind, maybe Julliard wasn't everything. 

🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

Nationals! We are in Chicago for the show choir Nationals. But just as we were preparing the universe seemed to be against us. 

Mercedes had got food poisoning so she's on bed rest, I've been praying that she would make it to our performance. 

Finn and Rachel were talking about their wedding while Tina and Quinn were practicing with Sugar, me, and Brittany to do the choreography for Edge of Glory. 

There was also paradise which I was really nervous about but Blaine said we were going to be fine.

"Alright." Mr. Shue said. "From the top."

It was late and everyone was hungry. My whole body was aching but I didn't care. I walk back into the practice room and saw the tables were pushed away. I walk up to the mirror and look at myself. I stretch a bit and then started dancing by myself twirling and lifting my leg and just by myself.

 I stretch a bit and then started dancing by myself twirling and lifting my leg and just by myself

"Why is it I always find you alone dancing?"

I stop and turned around to see Sebastian leaning against the door.