chapter twenty-four

*beep* *beep* *beep*

i woke up easily and went downstairs.

"someone's in a good mood," my dad said, ruffling my hair.

"good morning," i said.

i ate breakfast and went upstairs to change my clothes and comb my hair.
i walked out of my house and skipped to the bus stop. i sat down and waited for the bus. i nearly got a heart attack when someone wrapped their arms around my waist. i turned around quickly.

"j-jungkook.."

he just giggled, "i see that you're early."

i nodded.

"did i scare you?"

"just a bit.."

"sorry about that.. i was trying to be romantic for you.." he pouted.

"no need to. just be yourself," i smiled.

"okay.."

"did you tell tae?"

"to be honest.. i don't want to."

"why?"

"he'll tease us more and more if he knows.. plus, he'll go around telling everyone about it."

"oh, come on, jungkook! he's just joking.. i bet that if we tell him that we want to keep it a secret he would understand!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"you're dating?!" he smiled radiantly.

jungkook and i nodded.

"i need to share this in my blog!!"

"actually, hyung.. we want to keep it a secret.."

"oops, too late!"

"oppa! how come you're dating that ugly shrimp instead of me?!" sakura ran towards us and started screaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"yeah.. how about we dont."

i nodded. after imagining that.. my god.

~time skip to p.e. class~

"okay, okay. same teams as last time, which were the same teams of the first week." he blew the whistle and threw the ball.

we all started playing. at some point in the match, i got the ball. i started bouncing the ball and running to where i was supposed to throw it. just when i jumped, i got pushed rather hard. i closed my eyes and waited for the impact. and still waited. i opened my eyes and saw that jungkook had catched  me. i blushed and quickly stood up.

"sakura. no pushing," the teacher said sternly.

"are you okay?" jungkook whispered.

i nodded quickly. the teacher blew the whistle, allowing the game to continue.
sakura whispered close to me, "they didn't expel me yet. i would suggest you to stop it if you don't want to get hurt again." she ran towards the ball after.

its better to ignore..

~after p.e. class~

i walked inside the changing room.

"what was that?" a girl asked.

"w-what was what?" i asked confused.

"when jungkook oppa catched you," she glared at me.

"i-i never asked him to.." i looked down at the ground.

she scoffed, "you never asked him to? is that how it is?"

she started walking closer to me. the rest of the girls stood up. some even started giggling.

"sakura was right.. you're really asking for it."

"a-asking for what..?"

"to get beaten up again."

"w-what? how was it m-my fault?!"

"hmm.. look at this," she grabbed her phone and searched for something, "all of these things."

she showed me pictures and videos where jungkook and i were having fun together.

"w-what about them..?"

"you like him. it's obvious."

i blushed.

"you know... he doesn't like you. he likes sakura. they have been dating for years. before you came.. they were the perfect couple. they did everything together, even wore matching clothes! but when you came.. he broke up with her. because of you... now, she's trying to win him back. you wouldn't want to ruin their relationship again, wouldn't you?"

i kept my eyes on the ground.

"wouldn't you?!" she repeated, louder than before.

"listen.. i-i never knew.."

don't believe her. don't be so naive.

"of course you didn't. now, if you'll excuse me.. i have more important things to do," she left the room.

all of the other girls giggled and followed behind her. i sighed. what she said isn't true. its a lie..

i finished changing and walked back to my class. when i walked in, i saw a group of girls surrounding jungkook. i rolled my eyes and walked to my seat. i don't know why.. but i kept looking at them. well they're having fun.. stop! i rested my head on my arms.
they were speaking so loud that i couldn't help but overhear what they were saying.

"ah~ jungkook oppa! you know that now, yn and i are best friends?! she forgave me because i have changed now.. am i right yn?!"

she grabbed my arm and forced me to stand up.

"w-what..?"

"we're besties now!"

i looked over at jungkook, he was smiling. looks like its a fake one..

"a-ah.. ?"

"that's great.." he said. he doesn't sound convinced..

a teacher came. i went to sit back down.

"pay attention class! i have something i need to tell you," the class quieted down, "so, i was told that there would be a winter party."

the whole class started cheering.
please no..

"i would love it if all of you came! there will be good food, good music.. everything a good party needs!"

a girl raised her hand, "is it going to be like a prom?"

"sort of, yes."

the girls started squealing.

"i'm glad that you like the idea. it'll be next week's friday."

great.. one more thing i've got to worry about..