chapter thirty

"yn.. what are you doing here?"

"and jungkook? weren't you going to the winter party at the school?"

both of our mother's are here.. jungkook and i are in big trouble..

"u-um.. y-yeah, of course!" jungkook lied.

"i see.." his mother said, not believing anything his son was saying.

"yn, where's your dress?"

"j-jungkook lend me some clothes to change into.." i didn't dare to look at her.

"did you just come back?" his mother asked.

"y-yeah, totally"

he's such a bad liar..

"how was the party?"

"boring, that's why we came here," tae said.

"oh.. okay.. well, continue with what you were doing before, we won't interrupt."
they smiled at us and left the room.
we all let out a big sigh.

"jungkook.." tae put a hand on the boy's shoulder, "next time, i'm doing the speaking."

"you're right, i shouldn't speak next time," he admitted. his lips curved up into a cheeky smile.

"i think they might've figured it out.." i said, scared that what i stated was actually true.

"me too," tae agreed.

"i was too obvious.. right?"

i put my left hand on his arm and rubbed it comfortingly.

"you were, but it's okay," i smiled at him. he then smiled back at me.

"thank god your mother didn't come, tae!" jungkook said, relieved.

"yeah.. she would've killed me!"

"why? is she that bad?" i smiled at the situation.

"only when i lie to her."

"did you lie to come here?" i was surprised.

"i told her that i was going to visit my aunt. she doesn't let me go out with friends," he pouted.

the door to the living room slid open again, revealing my mom.

"yn, dear.. can i talk to you for a few minutes?"

crap.

"s-sure.." i stood up and left the room with her.

i followed her through the empty corridors. we entered the kitchen.
she sat down, next to mrs jeon.

"sit down, yn."

i sat down in front of them.

"tell us what really happened."

jungkook's p.o.v.

when yn and her mother left the room, tae and i exchanged looks filled with confusion and worry.

"we should spy on them," tae whispered.

i nodded and we silently tip-toed our way out of the room.

"where could they be?" i whispered.

we heard voices from the kitchen. tae pointed to the kitchen. i nodded and we then tip-toed there.
the door was closed and you could hear muffled voices.

"will she tell them?"

i shook my head. i decided to stick my head on the door to try and hear what they were saying.

"we just... party... jungkook... clothes.."

their conversation was still unclear. i wasn't able to pick up most of the things that they were saying.
i got startled when taehyung pushed me.

"hey!-" he covered my mouth and put his index finger over his lips, signalling me to be quiet. i rolled my eyes and glared at him. he looked at me innocently.
tae then did the same thing that i was doing before he shamelessly pushed me.
i kept glaring at him. this punk... revenge is coming...

i had decided to push him. he resisted, so i pushed him harder and harder. he kept pushing me back.
i was about to push him out of the door, but he suddenly stood up, making me fall to the floor.
he started snickering. i mocked his laughing face.
i started to realise that we were being to loud when footsteps were getting closer to the door. tae and i looked at eachother.

"run!" we whisper shouted in unison.

we burst into the living room and threw ourselves on the couch, pretending to be talking about other stuff.

yn's p.o.v.

"tell us what really happened. i know that you won't lie to us," my mom smiled at me.

okay, but she is really creeping me out right now...

"so.. we just went to the party. since it was boring, jungkook offered to go watch a movie at his house and tae and i agreed. when we got here, he insisted to lend me some clothes, because the dress was quite uncomfortable. i did change into the clothes, as you can see," i pointed at what i was wearing. "then we went to the living room and you came in the house."

"oh.. okay, it's fine. go back with the boys, okay?"

i nodded and started walking towards the door. i heard footsteps that were scurrying away. these guys.. they're gonna get caught someday.

i walked in the living room.

"yn!" jungkook ran up to me and hugged me, "you're on my side right?" he pouted and looked right in my eyes.

"what do you mean on-"

"hey! that's unfair!" tae shouted out from the other side of the room.

"what's unfair i'm-"

"no that's not! she loves me, of course she would choose my side!" he tightened his grip around me.

"your side on what?" they kept arguing about whose side i was on, completely ignoring me. they're so childish.. god help us.
i realised that they weren't going to stop arguing any time soon. i released myself from jungkook's hold.

"yn?"

i sat down in the couch. after a while filled with silence, they came and sat next to me.

"we're sorry.." tae said, apologetically.

"yeah.. we just kept arguing like two year olds and ignored you.."

i was surprised. the reason that i sat down on the couch was because my legs hurt. also, i wanted them to resolve their argument without me being in the middle of it.

"you don't have to apologize!"

"still, we feel bad," jungkook said, slightly pouting.

"it's okay," i smiled at them, "let's do something more calm.. like watching a movie!"

we all agreed to that idea.
the rest of that afternoon was spent laughing and watching comedy movies. i'm going to miss them when i go to busan.. don't be negative, yn! enjoy the moments while you can..

[a/n] happy birthday, v!