chapter thirty-six

i sighed. why?! i tried calling again.

now calling tae...

please answer..!
his smiling face appeared on the screen.

"hey!" he waved, "it's working now!"

"finally!" i smiled in satisfaction.

"it took a while, didn't it?" he chuckled.

i nodded. "yep.."

"today was your first day of school! how was it?"

"well.. it started off.. hmm.. how should i say it..?" he waited for my answer curiously, but patiently. "basically, jungkook showed up.."

his eyebrows rose. "now that's why he said he couldn't hang out with me today!  he should've told me," he huffed.

"he didn't?"

"no," he pouted.

"i didn't know either. it took me by surprise."

"i imagine," he chuckled.

"anyways.. i made a friend!"

he looked surprised. "really?"

i nodded.

"but, yn... i'm still your best friend.. right?" he slightly pouted.

i giggled, "of course, tae.."

"i was just making sure..!" he smiled shyly.

•••
«2 months later»

23.5.2019

i layed down in bed, closing my eyes forcefully, trying to sleep. it obviously wouldn't work. i huffed and turned around. i grabbed my phone and turned it on to check the time, getting blinded by the bright light that it emited. i squinted my eyes. after a few seconds, i was able to read what it said properly. 2 a.m.. i'm going to fall asleep at school tomorrow, i bet. even during the practice test we have! mrs choi is going to kill me.. >-< even my parents are if i fail the test. the finals were getting close, just one month away! we were having practice tests every week. in a week, it will be two weekly! i can barely pass these.. i can't even imagine next month.. i'll really need to stop procrastinating and start studying hard for my tests.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

i groaned and covered my face with my pillow. i swear- wasn't it 2 a.m. three seconds ago?!
i decided to get out of bed and go downstairs, since i didn't want to be late for my maths practice test.

"oh.. yn, darling.. are you okay..? you look.." my mom cleared her throat, "tired."

i hummed and sat down slowly. i grabbed a toast and ate it slowly, too. i could feel my mom looking at me worriedly. as if i was concerning her.

"did you sleep at all last night?" she spoke up.

i shook my head.

"eat something, okay? you have your test today so your brain needs to be charged and your tummy full so that you can concentrate!"

i nodded. i finished eating the toast and went back upstairs. i heard my mom sigh as i did. i opened the door and closed it behind me. i put on my uniform and went to the bathroom. i washed my face and looked in the mirror.

"god.. what's that..?"

i quickly grabbed my make up and started putting it on, trying to achieve somewhat of a 'decent' look. it kind of worked.. kind of. at least people wouldn't be asking themselves if it was halloween any time soon. i walked back to my room, to grab my bag and walk downtairs.

"good morning, yn," my dad said, smiling.

"morning," i said while yawning.

"you're leaving now? it's quite early.."

i nodded. "i have a test.. i have to be there early."

he sighed. "okay.. bye, bye, sweetie!" he pecked my forhead amd smiled.

"bye, yn!" my mom yelled from her room.

"bye, mom..!"

•••

"you have until quarter past nine," the teacher said firmly, "you may start now."

the sounds of paper being turned over amd pens being picked up filled the silent room.
i sighed. come on, yn.. you can do this. you know these things!

i turned the page over. i nearly gasped when i saw the questions. forget it. i'm gonna fail.