chapter twenty-five

the bell rang, everyone darted up from their seats and sprinted out the door. jungkook walked up to me.

"you ready?"

i nodded and slipped my bag over my shoulder. i stood up.

"lets go, then," he smiled.

we walked out of school together.

"so.. are you excited for the 'winter ball'?" he asked.

"winter ball ? wasn't it a prom?"

"hmm.. winter ball sounds more.. magical."

i nodded, "it does."

we arrived at the bus stop and sat down.

"i wanted to ask you something.." he said.

"what is it?"

"is it true? about sakura being your 'best friend ', i mean."

i turned my head and looked at him with an 'are you serious?' face.
"what do you think?"

he ruffled my hair, "well, i didn't think you were. and i'm thankful that you aren't."

i nodded.

"did she threaten you?"

i shook my head.

"good."

the bus arrived and we got in and sat down next to eachother.
i looked out the window. i felt that he had put his hand on mine.
i blushed and focused my gaze on the window. don't blush, yn..! its normal.. you're dating! agghhh..

i heard him chuckle.

"why are you so cute..?" he whispered and smiled.

i should be asking you the same thing..!!!

the bus stopped and we got off.

"i'll see you tomorrow!" he pecked my cheek and ran away to his house. i blushed deeply.

i walked inside my house.

"i'm home!"

"hello, yn! i have some news for you," my mom said from her office. i went into it and hugged her.

"what is it, mom?"

"did the teachers tell you about the winter prom?"

"ah.. that."

"what about it? it could be the perfect time for you and jungkook to dance and have fun!"

"b-but the others-"

"who cares about what the others think? if they want to judge, let them. its not worthy of your time. who knows when you'll get another opportunity like this?"

she's right..!

"o-okay.. i'll go."

"that's wonderful, sweetie! but one thing.. what are you going to wear?!"

"mom, i want to thank you for always reminding me about the clothing."

"that's unimportant now, yn! the party is next friday! we need to find a dress quick!"

she pulled me out of the house and in the car. she drove to the mall. we got off the car and went into the mall.

"this store should have something nice.."

we looked through the store, but saw nothing interesting. we decided to go into another one.. but there was no luck.

"maybe it will be better if we split up.. call me if you find something nice, i'll call you if i did, okay?"

"okay."

we then went different ways. i walked into another store. the dresses are nice.. i looked at some of them.

"do you need any- yn.. is that you?"

that voice sounds familiar..

i turned around.

"hoseok..?" my face lit up, "hi!"

"hey! its been a while, hasn't it?" he asked as he hanged up some dresses.

i nodded.

"what are you looking for? a wedding dress for your wedding with jungkook?" he teased.

i blushed, "ha, ha. very funny. actually, no. there will be a party in school next friday, so i need a dress..!"

"oh.. i see," he looked as if he was thinking about something, "follow me."

i followed him through the store.

"this one.. i think it will look beautiful on you!" he smiled radiantly.

i tried it on and looked in the mirror. it does look good on me! i feel like a model! i changed out of it.

"how m-much is it?" i asked, dreading the answer.

"mm.. don't worry about it."

"uh?"

"take it as an early christmas present!" he smiled.

"i-i can't accept it.."

"please, yn... for me..?" he pouted, "think about his face when he sees you in it..!"

"f-fine.."

he jumped around and squealed.

"i can't wait for you to tell us everything!!"

"okay, okay.." i giggled at his actions.

"oh, let's exchange numbers!"

we did.

"great! let me package this up.. and you're all set!" he left.

i had decided to call my mom.
i told her everything that had happened. she rushed to the store.
just as she ran into the store, hoseok came with everything ready.

"i swear, i can't thank you enough!" my mom said.

"well.. you are extremely welcome!" he hugged both of us, "i need to go to work now.. i'll call you later! bye bye!~~"

we got back home.

"one less thing to worry about.." my mom sighed.

"what's next?" i feared the worst.

"oh god, yn! hair!! your hair!!"

this is going to be a long, long week..