chapter thirty-one

*beep* *beep* *beep*

i woke up and sighed. my last day of school here.. i can't believe that i'm already leaving tomorrow..
i walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"good morning, yn," my mom smiled at me.

"morning.." i mumbled under my breath as i sat down.

i ate a toast, even though i wasn't hungry at all. it's better than to get hungry during maths class..

"sweetie.. are you okay?" she asked worriedly, caressing my hand.

i nodded and stood up.

"i'm going to change upstairs.."

i walked to my room and changed into my uniform. i grabbed my bag and walked back downstairs.

"oh.. you're leaving now? your classes start in fourty minutes and you take ten to get to school.."

i nodded, "i'm going now.."

she walked closer to me and engulfed me in a big hug.

"have a nice last day of school, okay?" i could hear the worry in her voice.

"yes, mom," i smiled at her so that she wouldn't worry about me anymore.

"bye bye," she waved at me.

i waved back and walked to the bus stop, looking around everywhere so that it would get stuck in my memory and so i could remember these moments when i move to busan.
as i got closer to the bus stop, i could see that jungkook was already there. i decided to get my revenge from the other days!
i walked up to him and hugged him from behind. he jumped a little. i giggled. it worked!
he turned around and stared at me.
i waved my hand in front of his face, but he didn't move. he kept staring at my face.

"hello..? earth calling jungkook!"

he blinked a few times. his cheeks started turning into the colour of the sun that was beginning to rise right in front of us.

"sorry, i was just admiring your beauty," he winked.

i scoffed, "me? beauty? please.. i should be the one admiring yours."
i sat down next to him.

"you shouldn't underestimate yourself. you're beautiful."

my eyes slightly widened. i, too, started blushing. hearing him say it with such confidence just made my heart beat even quicker than before.

"you may not see it through your eyes," he continued, "but if you could only see things from my perspective.. you would realise what beautiful person you are. when i look at you and even when i speak to you. hearing you say that you're not.. makes my heart ache. seeing such wonderful person say that makes me wonder what i am. if you're an ugly person, then i'm a disgusting rat," he stuck his teeth out and imitated the sound of a rat. it made me giggle.

"don't say that.." i shook my head, "you're an amazing person too, you know? when i look into your eyes i get lost in them, as if i could see the things that you hide. it makes me feel like your eyes are a barrier to all of your secrets, stories and adventures that are yet to be told. not only your eyes are mesmerizing, not at all.. all of you is. from the way you talk to the way you laugh.. everything i find beautiful. all of you.. i am going to miss." my voice got quieter on the last sentence.

"me too.. but we will get through this!" he out his fist up and smiled victoriously.

i laughed at his cuteness.

"speaking seriously now.. let's make a promise," he brought his pinky finger up.

i pulled it out too and linked it with his.

"let's promise... to never break contact.. to speak daily!" he smiled.
"every problem we have.. to tell each other," his voice went deeper.

i nodded, "also to tell each other everything that happens!"

he giggled, "of course.. i would love to hear about your new school and your new classmates!"

i giggled with him.

"i promise," he whispered truthfully.

"i promise," i whispered sincerely after him.

we let go of eachother's pinky finger and stared at each other. his sparkling, brown, bambi-like eyes meeting my own. his hand squeezing mine. his other made its way up my neck. his angelic features got closer to mine. i closed my eyes, locking my lips with his. this moment making my heart explode, sparking all sorts of emotions that i won't be able to experience once i move to busan.

•••

i felt relieved that it was going to be my last time hearing that god damn bell ring. the sound of it pierced my ears every time it rang.
i packed my bag and stood up. i saw jungkook turn around and smile at me. i walked over to him.

"a-are you free now?" he asked, slightly blushing.

i nodded and smiled at him.

"okay, good.. i want to take you there.."

"there? as in the place you promised that you would take me years ago but never actually did?" my eyes widened.

he nodded and smiled warmly.

•••

i stopped to catch my breath.

"are we there..?" i said, panting.

"almost," he smiled. "need a hand?" he stretched his hand out.

i shook my head, "it's fine.. let's continue!" i stood straight and continued walking up.

•••

"

waah~" i gasped in amusement, "i didn't know that seoul could be so beautiful from up above..!"

he chucked next to me. "was it worth it? walking up the mountain, i mean."

i turned my head to look at him. he did the same. "of course it was!"

i leaned my head on his shoulders and stared at the sunset. he then rested his head on mine, sighing, "i love you.."

"i love you too.."

[a/n] was it too cheesy? 😅

p.s. happy 2O2O 💜

 happy 2O2O 💜