chapter thirty-seven

"what answer did you get?"

"did anyone get 236 for number 7?!"

"oh my god.. i think i'm going to fail!"

i rested my head in between my arms and listened to what the rest was saying. 236? i got 2.. i felt a tap on my shoulder, so i lifted my head up.

"everything okay, yn-ie?" jungkook asked worriedly.

i shook my head. "i'm definitely gonna fail.."

"hey.. you're very smart! i bet you didn't!"

"really? what did you get for number 3?"

"593.." he pouted.

eun-ji gasped beside me. "me too!"

they high-fived. i sighed.

"why did you ask?" he turned to look at me, smiling.

"i got 0.." i rested my head back on my arms.

jungkook then started patting my head.

"it's okay.." his hand travelled down my shoulder, my arm, and ending on mine. he intertwined both of our hands and started caressing mine sweetly. "look at me.."

i shook my head.
his other hand snaked down my chin, to lift my head up. he was squatting down in front of me. i saw eun-ji, also squatting down, but beside me.

"it's just a test..! and it's just a practice one. you have nothing to worry about!"

"my parents.." i let out softly, barely even audible.

"i'll go talk to them..!! that it wasn't your fault!" eun-ji smiled dearly.

"you shouldn't get involved. it isn't your fault that i didn't study enough for the test.."

"well, we will get involved because you are important to us. we don't want you to get told off by your parents for getting low grades. understood? until we get the grades we won't know if you failed or not.. have some faith, okay?"

i nodded. i don't know why.. i just felt like crying.

"let's go outside, shall we?"

i nodded. then, all three of us went outside, to the garden, and stood beneath the tree where we always spent our breaks.
i started tearing up. eun-ji noticed and hugged me.

"it's okay.. this happens to everyone! even me.. and jungkook."

i felt another pair of arms wrapping around me.

"that's correct," his voice was muffled and soft, since he was hiding his face in between my hair.

a tear rushed down my cheek. i don't know why.. it wasn't for failing the test. even though i would get told off.. but no. not for that. it was just.. the feeling of having someone to rely on that has been missing for most of my life.. i finally had people to talk to and to rely on. no cold glares or fake people around me. no more.

[a/n] i will not be able to post as frequently.. i'm sorry ♡