Chapter 2: Ricardo Diaz

I came to the states when I was 10 years old. My parents met when my mom was an exchange student in Colombia. Yes, my mom is American and my dad is Colombian. 

They got married here and after a year, they moved to Colombia. When I was 10 years old, they decided that it was time to move back to the states, life in Colombia was a little too hard, luckily, Nana, let us live with her. We don't have a lot of money, but we do enough to get us by. 

I work with my dad in a mechanic garage. Lucky for us, dad has a good friend who takes his car and pays dad really good. Mom works as a maid for a rich family who pays her well. With all our money combined, we can pay bills and food and buy Nana's medicine. We may be lower class, but we're happy. 

I want to become a veterinarian. But I got no money for that. I thought I would at 18 but no such luck, now I'm 20 and still no luck. I hope one day I get my chance. I don't want to be a mechanic for the rest of my life. I have goals and dreams. 

"Ricky, next week we have a new person working with us. You'll be in charge of guiding her." Dad told me before eating his sandwich. 

"Is this the special favor that man asked you?"

"Yeah, and he is the one that pays me triple. So, don't fight me on this and please be nice."

"It doesn't make sense, why would he send his little princesa to a mechanic garage? She will cry about a nail getting broken." I replied. I'm not looking forward this. 

"Well, like I told your mother, suck it up." 

"Eww, papá. That's just gross!"  They just laughed. I swear my family is something else. 

"You know, this girl might change your world and view of love." Mamá told me.

"She's a high society girl. That only happens in movies. Besides, I'm not interest in finding love, let alone with a rich preppy, innocent girl." With that said, I picked up my sandwich and went to my room.

"That boy is a tough nut to crack." Nana told them as they chuckled.  

I was once in love, or so I thought I was. She cheated on me and after that I decided love is not for me. Let alone fall for a rich girl. They expect a lot from you.  No thank you. Hopefully she gets scared away and leaves the garage on Monday. 

Chantelle

I made it to my first class. Today is also my first day at college. I'm so excited. 

"So, how did it go with your parents?" Maggie asked me. She also wants to become a kindergarten teacher. I love that I have my best friend with me. 

"Well, next week I will work at a mechanic garage. Dad says I need to learn the value of money. And he told me I need to stop buying expensive stuff." 

"Ohh, you might meet a hot mechanic dude there. Maybe I should visit you at your work." She grinned. 

"Only you." I chuckled. 

After classes, we went to my dad's bakery. 

"The usual?" Eric asked us. He is a waiter.

"Yes please." We said. He nodded and went for our orders. 

"He's really cute." Maggie said while checking him out. "Can't believe you let that hunk man go."

"We were just not meant to be. Now why don't you ask him out." I suggested.

"My parents want me to be with someone from our own class or high class." She sighed.

"That's true. They also want us to be their dolls and give us orders." I added. 

"Here you go ladies." He gave us our pastries. "I'm having my party next weekend in a club. It's not your typical high-class club, but I would love if you two would come to my party." He then looked at Maggie and said, "especially you, Maggie." He smiled. 

"I'll be there. But you better not leave me alone." She smiled back. 

"I won't." He winked at her and she blushed. 

"Aww, I'll just go for the free drinks." I chimed in as they laughed. 

I do enjoy alcohol. I'm not an alcoholic, I just drink when there's a party. Which is like twice a week and when there isn't. I don't drink. My parents don't know about that part of my life. They knew I dated someone, but they didn't know about us taking it further nor we got caught. 

Remember the guy I dated for a month; it was Eric. He was the one I had a threesome with his girl best friend. We remained friends. We were friends before dating so why should that stop right? 

Eric didn't go to our school. I just met him in the ice cream aisle. We hit off and started to hangout and that turned into more. 

Maggie only knows that we dated, I never told her about my threesome. Some things are best to be kept a secret. Eric asked me if it was okay to pursue Maggie, and to keep our crazy night, in the dark. 

"Maybe you can meet my best friend." He told me.

"Maybe, let's see how this party goes." I said before drinking my coffee.