Chapter 9: Jealousy

Monday after class, I went to work. Ricardo wasn't talking to me. I honestly don't know why.

"Is there a reason why you're angry at me?"

"Nah, just that after that talk we had about you being careful, you still went out and got with some stranger."

"You were at club 15 on Saturday?"

"Yes, I went to dance with Layla and boom, you're there dancing with a stranger." He said while still working on the car.

"His name is Luke and he is my best friend. But yeah, we hooked up that same night at his apartment. It's been a while since I had sex." I told him. Let's see if he reacts.

"Wow, La Princesa hooked up with her best friend. Do you think that makes you cool or something?" He asked in a very cold tone. My blood was boiling.

"At least it was Luke and not a stupid girl named Layla." I rolled my eyes.

"Jealous?"

"You wish. You should just go back to your bitch."

"And you to your asshole." He said while mimicking my voice.

"Fuck you." I said before leaving.

"Back at you!" He yelled.

We each went to work separately. I actually asked Carlos to put Trisha in charge of me. Anyone was better than Ricardo at this moment. But I got what I wanted; he was insanely jealous.

"Sorry, your dad's orders. I can't change the arrangements." With that said he left. Just my luck.

After work, Maggie told me to meet her at her house. Once I entered, I saw my other best friend.

"OH MY GOD!!!" I ran towards her and then hugged her. "SAPPHIRE!"

"CHANTELLE!!!"

"You're back."

"Yes, my parents finally decided that it was time to return home. Well at least me, they still want for my brother to finish high school there. And then they will all return home."

Sapphire is a princess, literally she is, she belongs to Belle and Jace Salgado. Belle is the daughter of King Nicolas and Queen Elizabeth.

"Everyone is returning for college. First Luke and now you." Maggie added.

"Luke is back?" She smiled and blushed.

"You like Luke?" We questioned her.

"Yeah, but he never saw me as more than a friend. I always thought he liked you."

Okay, so apparently I sleep with the guys that my two best friends like. In my defense, this was before I knew so I'm safe. But once again, what they don't know, won't hurt them.

"Nah, we're best friends. We can all have a mini reunion at your place. Apparently, you two have apartments." I mentioned.

"I don't, I'm just going to live alone in my house, so we can have the mini reunion in the backyard and go for a swim. Tomorrow sounds good?" Sapphi asked us and we nodded.

"Can I invite someone?"

"Me too?"

Maggie and I asked her. Sapphi said yes. Hopefully this invitation will clear the air between Ricardo and me. And who knows what else.

We talked for like felt hours, after hanging out and catching up with Sapphi, I left the house. Sapphi was staying the night there. I'm sure she's scared of living alone. That girl jumps at any noise when she's alone.

The next day I went to classes, but before entering my first class, I saw Ricardo asking information. When he turned around, he sighed and left.

I caught up to him. Before he got in his car.

"Ricardo, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was just asking some information. I was told this is the best university in the city for what I want to study." He sighed.

"Are you planning on attending here?"

"If I sell one of my kidneys maybe." I chuckled at that.

"You know, this place offers full scholarships. Do you by any chance happened to be a straight A student in high school?" I asked as I walked closer to him.

"Yeah, graduated with honors. I just didn't think this place would offer scholarships. That lady laughed at my face when I suggested it."

"Did she now?" My left eye was twitching. I've always hated that woman. She used to work at my school.

I grabbed my phone and made a very important call, "Hey dad. Yeah, I know, I forgot to have breakfast and skipping isn't healthy, I'll eat something right now. I called you because I need a favor. It's about a scholarship."

Dad told me he would take care of it. It helps that dad has connections everywhere.

"What did you do?"

"Let's just say, your dreams of studying will come true. Don't fight me on this, don't tell me 'I don't need pity, or I don't want to be your charity work'."

"I wasn't. I want to become a vet so bad, that I'll take anything in my way to make it come true. Thanks, Princesa." He placed a kiss on my cheek. I smiled.

"You're welcome. You deserve to achieve your goals in life. That's why two months ago, I changed careers, from a teacher, to a social worker, I love, loove, helping people. Makes so happy."

"Well, you're certainly in the right path. There's more to you than meet the eyes. Chantelle Black."

"How about we start fresh, no more bossing, being cold to each other. Let's get to know each other." I suggested.

"I'm in." We shook hands.

"Oh, my friend Sapphi is having a mini reunion this Saturday. Will you come with me?"

"Are they snobby rich kids?"

"No, they're very humble. You know Maggie. She's in a relationship with your best friend, Eric. Also, Luke will be there. But we're just friends who used to hook up. That ended. Oh, and if you could not mention that I hooked up with him and Eric that would be amazing."

His eyes widened at the last part. Me and my big mouth. Oh boy.