Chapter 5: Club 15

I went home and plopped on the couch. Working is not a walk in the park.

"So, rocky. What's new?" Aaron said while sitting next to me, I just chuckled.

"This girl is a pain in my ass. Not sure what's her problem." I rolled my eyes.

"She might be one of those girls who likes to fight just cause."

"She deserves a cactus up her ass." I said as he laughed.

"Chantelle, you almost broke that girl's nose." Dad said while sitting in front of me.

"She gripped my bruised arm really hard. It hasn't even healed." I huffed as I showed him my left arm their eyes widened.

I have a very delicate skin. Even the lightest hit will bruise me.

"What the hell?" Mom said while looking at my arm. "That wasn't like that, this morning."

"Well, someone thought it would be fun to bruise it more."

"I'm going to kick some ass." She was fuming, as she was about to leave, dad caught up to her and took her to their bedroom.

A few minutes later, they came out. "sending you there was a mistake, let's try the bakery."

"Actually, I want to stay in the mechanic garage. But I do know of someone who will love to work there. Please help him, dad."

"Who?"

"His name is Chad; he has a wife and a 3-year-old daughter and another baby on its way. He told me that he wants to become a pastry chef but money was an issue. And since you run Uncle Aaron's foundation to make dreams come true?"

"Alright, give me his address and I'll go talk to him. I'm proud of you, little princess." He kissed my forehead and then left.

"Who's Chad?" Aaron asked me.

"He is the only nice person there. And today is his birthday. Plus, I met his daughter and she is just the cutest. Sometimes I debate if I should become a social worker or be a kindergarten teacher."

"Whichever path you take; we will support you." Mom smiled. "How come you wanted to stay in the mechanic garage?"

"Because, it gives me a break from all the snobby society kids." I sighed, "it's exhausting to listen to them bitch around about who has better clothes or the latest phone. Besides, I get to annoy Ricardo." I grinned.

Mom and Aaron just laughed.

"I hear ya, little sis. That's why I barely go to those events. And when I do, I take Marcos. He keeps me sane." He smiled.

Later that night, Chad called me and thanked me a lot. Dad paid him a visit and offered him a job at the bakery. He would be working with the head chef. He was over the moon.

........

The night of Eric's Party came, Maggie and I were getting ready in my room.

"Do you think something will happen with Eric and me tonight?" Maggie asked really excited.

"Yes, the man has been drooling ever since I introduced you to him. And you have been drooling over him too since then."

"I can't wait!" She said as I chuckled.

"I just want a night to relax and get drunk. It's been two months since we've had a night out." I added as I finished curling my hair.

Once we were done, we picked up Eric and he guided me to where the club was.

After a 20- minute drive, we arrived. The party was in full swing. The club was pretty cozy. I like this ambient already. Eric stole Maggie. But he told me that his friend will be waiting at the bar.

I walked over to the bar and sat on the stool. "A margarita please." The bartender went to make my drink.

"Que haces aqui, princesa?" -What are you doing here, princess?-

That voice, that sexy voice that drives me insane at work. I turned around and came face to face with him.

"Of course, you're here." The bartender gave me my drink and I took a sip, "this is so delicious." I licked my lips and then bit my bottom lip in a sexy way. Ricky's eyes were looking at my lips.

"Ricardo, I see you already met my friend, Chantelle. Well, have fun, and use protection." With that said, he left and went to dance with Maggie.

"So, you're the girl he told me about." He mentioned while sitting next to me.

"If it makes you feel better, I didn't know you were his best friend. He told me the guy was fun, which he lied." I smirked, I took another drink and then he took it away from my hands. "hey!"

"You're right, it is delicious." He did the same thing I did and boy did it worked. "This isn't a place for a girl like you."

"I'm taking a break from all those high society events. I just want to enjoy this night. So, you can either come and have fun with me on the dance floor, or go and dance with Trisha."

He pulled me closer to him and said, "You wouldn't be able to handle me, princesa."

I got impossible closer to him, and wrapped my arms around his waist and looked him in the eyes, "you'd be surprised if you knew more about me. There's more to me than meets the eyes." With that said I disappeared in the crowd on the dance floor.

I know it's been a week since we met, but Ricardo intrigued me, I know he's a pain the ass and needs to lighten up. But I also know behind that grumpy exterior there's a fun and great guy.