Chapter 15: Drama

I left the credit cards. Luckily I still have my bank account with my savings. That's something they can't touch since it's with my name and I'm not under age. And since the car was a gift from my grandparents, it's mine and my parents can't take that away. 

I tried calling Aaron, but he never picked up. I didn't want to go to Ricardo's house and bother him. I also didn't want for his family question me, especially after what went down at the event.

I went to the cheapest motel and went to my bedroom. I never thought that my family would turn their back on me. I guess, college is out of the question. I would need to search for another job, I would need it since the mechanic garage pay the basic and basic won't cover for rent, bills and groceries.

........

The next day I did my daily routine and saw a lot of notifications. I was tagged in a lot of videos and memes. Now they call me, upper East side whore.

I tried calling Luke and Eric, but they didn't answer and they left me on seen. Okay, then. Now they both turned their back on me.

I grabbed my suitcase and went searching for apartments. After many, many apartments, I found one. It was a reasonable price.

"I guess, home sweet home." I said as tears started to fall.

I called Ricardo and told him my new address. He told me that he would be here in 10 minutes, the apartment was near Ricardo's neighborhood. I could never afford an apartment in the city after I've been cut off.

I tried calling Aaron again but no luck. I can't believe he isn't picking up. My brother has always been there for me, it hurts that he isn't now.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, I opened it and hugged him. He closed the door with his foot since I wouldn't let go of him.

"I got you, beautiful." He rubbed my back.

"You're the only person I have left. Thank you for not leaving me." At this point I was crying uncontrollably.

"Everyone is just angry; they will get over it. But just know that you have me and my family. I explained them what really happened. They understood."

We sat on the couch as his arms were still wrapped around me. "I feel so alone." I sobbed.

"Things will get better." He wiped my tears and then placed a kiss on my lips.

After I calmed down, we stayed in silence. Well that was until I broke it, "Do you know anyone that's hiring?"

"Are you leaving the mechanic?"

"No, but I need another job, my parents cut me off and I can't be living on my savings forever." I sighed.

"Well, I do know a bakery that's hiring. It's just 15 minutes from here by bus." He suggested. It's hard finding a good spot for a car, so I rather take the bus and that way my car won't lose its spot.

"Let's go, I want to apply there. Even if it's just as a waitress. I need money."

"Alright, let's go." He interlaced our fingers and we went to take the bus. He showed me how to get there.

We arrived at the bakery and the owner greeted us. She gave me the job as a waitress. I start on Monday from 9 am to 1 pm. Perfect I can do both jobs. We thanked her and then went back to my place.

"Are you sure you can handle two jobs?"

"Yeah, time to be a big girl." I giggled. He just chuckled.

"Well, you're in a better mood."

"I am, I'm just happy you're still with me after all that drama. You mean a lot to me." I pecked his lips.

"You mean a lot to me too, Princesa." He kissed my forehead. I smiled.

"Do you think Godzilla was behind that video?" I asked.

"It's a high possibility." He replied.

"If that's the case, then someone must've helped her. Question is, who?"

"Time will tell, nothing stays hidden for so long. I think you are the proof of that." I lightly chuckled at that.

"Yeah, my life is pretty sucky now. But knowing I have you, makes it better." I smiled as I laid my head on his chest.

"We will get through this together." He caressed my face.

........

The next day I got up and saw him sleeping. He was lightly snoring. I chuckled. I went to do my daily routine and then went back to bed remembering I don't have to go to college because I can't afford it. I sighed.

"What time is it?" He mumbled in a sleepy voice.

"It's 7 am. Sleepy head." I answered him.

He got up, took a shower and then got dressed. He pecked my lips and told me he had to go to work. I need to do some grocery shopping.

........

As I was about to grab chicken, I saw Maggie and Sapphi. Seconds later, Luke and Eric joined them. They were talking and laughing. So, they are all in good terms but decided that I was chopped liver.

I went to another aisle and put what I needed. I could still hear them.

"Man, all this time we were friends with a backstabber." Maggie mentioned.

"Yeah, with time people show their true colors." Sapphi added. The guys agreed with them as they placed junk food in the cart.

Can't say this didn't hurt. My best friends were talking bad about me.

I went to pay for my stuff and on my way out I bumped into them.

"You know, all of those videos happened before I knew you two had a thing for them. I'm not a backstabber. I dated Eric before you." I said to Maggie.

"And I didn't know about Luke until you told me that day I saw you again. Luke and I used to hook up I'll admit it. But it was a just that, sex. And all of this happened before you two." I told Sapphi.

"And you two are the worst. I was calling to see how you were and you didn't answer or replied back. Everyone gets a happy ending but me. My family turned their back on me and my so-called friends trash talk about me." Tears were falling. "with friends like you, who needs enemies."

I left with my groceries and went to the apartment. I need my parents and they don't want me. I cried myself to sleep.