Chapter 23: Valentina

Three years have passed, the bakery was doing really good. Trisha met a great guy. They're all living in her apartment. He loves Elle and she loves him.

Ricardo and I are doing amazing. I fall in love with him every day. We moved to a cute house in a nice neighborhood.

Sapphi moved in with Luke in his apartment. Of course, her parents threatened to feed Luke to the sharks if he ever hurts her.

Maggie and Eric are also living together at his place.

Also, another thing about us, well....

"Mama." I looked to my side to see, Valentina.

She is a mini me. She will be two years old this Christmas. Yep, she's a Christmas baby.

"What? Is someone hungry?" I asked while picking her up.

I put her in her chair and she started to cry. Okay, hungry and sleepy or someone needs a change of diaper. Once I was done with her formula, I picked her up and she calmed. Okay, I guess we entered the phase where she only wants to be in arms.

I took her to my bedroom and lay here there and gave her, her bottle. She drank it happily.

"You drain my energy, baby girl." I said as she giggled.

"I'm home." Ricardo announced as he made his way to the bedroom. "My favorite girls." He pecked my lips and then gave Val a kiss on her forehead.

"How was your class?"

"Really great, but if we're being honest, I can't wait to graduate. Studying drains my energy more than this beautiful little person." He said as he lightly pinched Val's cheeks.

"Bright side, we graduate this year." I smiled.

"That's true." He plopped on the bed. I just chuckled.

Val, gave me her bottle and then sat on his face. I laughed at that.

"Why is there a little person on my face?" He mumbled; Val laughed.

"Papá." She squished his face.

She calls him Papá, instead of dada. I think she learned that from Ricardo calling that his dad. Ricardo was over the moon when he heard her call him Papá.

We know we're still you to be parents, but we love Valentina so much, her being here is the best gift in the world. We don't regret her one bit. Our parents weren't even mad that we didn't listen to them, instead they stole her every chance they got. Mom loves to take care of her when I'm at college.

Aaron and Marcos also babysit her for us when we are busy with projects, and when Ricardo wants to take me out for a date night. They got married last year and want to adopt soon.

"I'm going to take a shower, don't shake her, she just drank her bottle." I said before leaving.

Ricardo

"Don't tell mommy, but I am going to propose to her." I said as I picked her up and went to the living room, "You think she will say yes?" She just looked at me with those beautiful big blue eyes, "I'll take that as a yes."

I've been saving up a lot for this moment, I couldn't wait to make Chantelle my wife.

"Come on, little monkey. We're meeting your Abuela Rain for lunch."

It's important for me that she also learns Spanish. She's half Colombian and half American. And what better age to learn, than now.

I left a note for Chantelle on the bedroom so she wouldn't freak out when she didn't see us.

.........

We arrived at the restaurant and saw Rain; I made my way there and then she stole Valentina.

"Here she is." She kissed Val's cheeks; she was giggling. Val's a very happy baby.

"Thanks for meeting me here, I want to propose to Chantelle, but I suck at this jewel picking thing. Since you know her very well, will you help me?"

"Of course, My daughter is a very simple girl. It's not that she didn't like your gifts. She just really hates jewelry. Trust me, I gave her a beautiful necklace and its still in the box. she only wears it on special occasions."

"So, giving her a ring would be a waste?" I questioned her.

"No, she will love it. Especially when you propose with a rare rock on it." She smiled.

After having lunch and Val doing number two. We went to the jewelry store. Rain greeted the owner with a hug.

"Ricardo, meet my good friend, Tiffany. We used to go to high school together."

"Nice meeting you." We shook hands.

"Man, I can't believe how grownups our kids are." Tiffany told rain, "Maggie is living with her boyfriend, Chantelle is about to get engaged and already is a mom."

"So, you're Maggie's mom?"

"Yeah, that little terror is mine." She chuckled. "David wasn't thrilled when she told him that she was moving in with Eric. But they all gotta leave the nest at some point."

"I agree, Chantelle was the one who took me out of mine." I chuckled as they did too. "I want something special for her."

"Well, seeing as Chantelle is a very special girl when it comes to jewelry, I have the most gorgeous turquoise rock. Which is her favorite color." Tiffany told me.

She showed me the rock and indeed it was gorgeous, it was so Chantelle. "This is perfect. What do you think, baby girl?"

She put her little hand on it and smiled.

"Guess Val just picked up the ring." I said as she giggled. "I'll picked it up next month. Chantelle will find it in the house, nothing gets by her."

"Thanks Tiffany, Coffee this Saturday?"

"You got it, can't wait to have a girl's night out." She sighed as Rain chuckled.

We left the jewelry place and I gave Val to Rain, she told me she wanted to have her for a few hours and that Matt wanted to see her too.

I arrived home and made my way to the kitchen, she was cleaning the shelves. I wrapped my arms around her waist, "I love you." I said as I took off her shirt.

She turned around and pecked my lips, "I love you too, where's Val?"

"Your parents' house, they wanted to have her for a few hours, and I get to have a few hours to send you to oblivion." I removed her bra.

"In that case, send me away." She pulled me into a kiss, we landed on the couch and I took her right there for a couple of rounds.

I couldn't wait to propose to her, what better way to do it than on Christmas, her favorite holiday. And the day our baby girl was born.