Chapter 4: Issues At Work

It's been an intense week, everything in my body hurt. Yesterday I fell on oil car. I swear that thing hates me. Everyone laughed except, Chad and Ricardo. Which surprised me.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty." I heard mom's voice.

"Five more minutes, I'm too tired." I mumbled in my sleep.

"Is that a bruise?" She asked while looking at my arm.

I turned around and face her, "yeah, I fell on oil car and hit my arm."

"Working is hard, baby girl."

"Grandpa is filthy rich, I doubt you had to work hard."

"I may not have worked as a secretary, or a mechanic, etc. But you have any idea how long it took me for my story to be a best seller? I kept getting rejected." She told me as I sat straight.

"Not even with grandpa's power?"

"He offered help, buy I declined. I wanted to be successful on my own. And I did. I achieve my goal." She smiled. "Your dad and I know the meaning of working hard. Your brother too. And now it's your turn."

"I miss being a kid." I sighed.

"I remember writing my story, and you would lay next to me on my bed and ask me to read it to you. You were only 4 years old." She smiled as I smiled too.

"I love you mom." I hugged her a she hugged me too.

"I love you more."

After I was done with my daily routine, I went to join them for breakfast. Marcos and Aaron joined us too.

......

"So, how's it going with your new job?" Maggie asked me as we sat on our chairs.

"Well, I have a hot Latino who is the devil as my boss. Well mini boss. But he is a nightmare." I sighed.

"How is he?"

"Well, he's tall, tan, muscular body. He is the definition of sex on legs. He is Colombian and is two years older than me. His name is Ricardo Diaz."

"Sounds sexy. And knowing you, you want to make a move." She giggled.

"Know me too well, but he doesn't like me. He thinks I'm a princess just because I come from a rich family. I hate when people assume things about me without knowing me." I rolled my eyes as she chuckled.

"Give it time, girl." She bumped her shoulder lightly on mine but that was enough for me to wince.

"Sorry, I forgot." She said sheepishly. I told her that it was fine.

After all our classes were over, I went to the bakery to grab a mini cake for Chad. Since it's his birthday and he is the only one who has been kind to me.

I arrived and changed into my jumpsuit. I left the cake in my locker. I came out and was met by Ricky.

"Alright, Chantelle. We are going to work under a car today." He gave me a devilish smirk.

"Oh yay." I said sarcastically. He chuckled. So, he does smile.

We went to work under a car and it was a nightmare, everything in this place was a nightmare. I officially hate car.

"Not that one!"

And once again, I was covered in oil. Ughhh. "This is your fault!"

"I told you to follow my lead and you thought you could do it on your own. Well now face the consequences. This will come out of your pay for screwing things. Now get out so I can fix this."

"Gladly, and you can shove that money in your uptight ass." I told him before getting out of there.

"The little rich girl can't do a simple thing that she has to screw everything." Trisha said while griping my bruise arm really hard.

"You bitch!!" I punched her.

"Damn!" Everyone said I unison.

She was about to hit me but was stopped by Ricardo.

"Enough! Why is it everything starts with you?" He pointed at me.

"I was fine until she grabbed my bruised arm really hard. I'm not a defenseless little princess like you think I am. I can fucking defend myself." I barked at him.

"And you, touch me again and I will show you what is like to mess with a Black." With that said, I went back to work.

Hours went by and I was finally free from here, well at least for the weekend I was. I changed to my normal clothes and walk with the box of cake to where Chad was.

"Happy birthday, Chad." I smiled, "this is a thank you for being the only nice person here."

"Thank you, I will enjoy this with my daughter and wife." He smiled back.

"What, no treats for us?" Raul asked.

"Nope, but you can purchase them at Black's bakery." I replied before leaving that place.

I made my way inside my car and as I was about to drive, I was stopped by Carlos.

"Trisha is really good in her work. But if you want, I can fire her."

"It's fine, she needs this job and she probably has a family to support. I can defend myself from crazies like her." I said as he chuckled.

"Papá, are you ready?" Ricky asked while walking to my car.

"Here Ricky, have some sweet in your life since you seem bitter." I smiled while passing him a box of donuts.

He grabbed it and then rolled his eyes at me. How rude.

"Your son needs to lighten up."

"He does, he just need someone special." He smiled before going over to his car. I glanced at Ricky who was looking at me. I did the mature think and blew him a kiss. He gave me a look.

I drove away from there and laughed at his expression. I'm going to have fun with Ricky.