°°Chapter One- Scent °°

Kayla

I was standing on the balcony of my room. The cold wind was all around me. The view of a frozen lake surrounded by mountains and a forest covered in white snow made my heart calm down with every cold breath I took. I love it. It was already dark, but still, the whole area was looking like a magical place from a fairy tale.

Most of the people were already sleeping with their families or mates. I looked at my watch, it was night. I was supposed to be sleeping by now, but I had other plans.

My phone buzzed, it was a cousin of mine and close friend Gabe.

G: where are you K?

K: Coming. Give me a moment.

G: OK.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I a black shirt with a fool moon print on it and my ripped shorts looked pretty good. I was satisfied. I'll borrow a big jacket from Gabe's closet.

When I was outside I saw Gabe leaning on our baby car. A swamp-green Dodge Charger Hellcat. The newest model I think... Gabe and I paid all our money for this little one, was it worth it? Well, today we'll find out.

"What took you so long K?" He looked at me with a questionable look crossing his hands on his chest.

"I was looking for your jacket." the size of it was so big that it covered all my spicy parts, exposing only my long legs.

"You know you look weird right"

"I don't care. As long as I feel confident and comfortable, then it's fine."

He sighed and opened the door of the car "If you say so..."

When we were already inside the salon Gabe started the car and we drove off from our packhouse to the city. Since we lived up in the mountains, the nearest town was hours away. Sometimes when our wish is too big, I and Gabe love to sneak out in the middle of the night and explore the city. Our favourite attraction is eating at KFC and... Street racing. Yeah, it's pretty weird for a girl to be interested in such a thing, but when I hear the roar of the engine and see how fast cars drive...well it makes my heart beat wild and it burns my whole body. The same feeling gets Gabe. In the last few weeks, Gabe and I were the ones who won most of the races.

"Oh by the way, how are things going with Viola?". Viola was his mate. She is pregnant and I'm happy for those two. They are truly made for each other. Gabe is the loud and emotional guy, while Viola is the one who can calm his temper and never be mad at him. When I mentioned her name Gabe began to act like a teen, blush and laugh nervously. It was honestly a funny view, especially when everyone knew that Gabe was one of the most dangerous warriors of our pack. "She's doing well. It's been five months already and with every day I'm getting more excited and nervous". I can understand him. It's his first baby. " Don't be G. As soon as you see this little thing, I swear every single storm in your heart will calm down. Believe me." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, to comfort him. He relaxed a little bit as he was looking at the road.

"I believe you K." he let out a small laugh " You're the one with experience here"

"Yeah, you're right." I smiled thinking of my little princess. Kye is my everything. My whole world.

<><><><><>4 years ago<><><><><>

I was fifteen when my dad came back from a battlefield with an exhausted look on his face. Barely alive. We were at war with another pack that demanded rights for our land. He walked closer to me and grabbed my shoulders. Everything inside almost stops functioning when he opens his mouth to speak. " We won. We took those who were still alive: women, children and those who were injured. "