ººChapter Fourteenºº

KAYLA

Hot, I was very hot when I woke up. Opening my eyes I notice that I was in the room that wasn't familiar to me. Threw the darkness of the night I could not see much, but thanks to the moonlight I notice the room wasn't big.

Where are we? Where's Yameter?

This room was very warm, I didn't like that. I went to open the window, my body was shaking. I found out that my room was in the tower. It was so high that made me dizzy, I closed the window. My head was spinning and my vision was blurry. I need to get out of this room! There wasn't too much on me, eventually, I had to wrap myself with a blanket. When I was in the hallway, I realized that it was empty. No lights, candles...nothing. The only souse of light was the bright moon. Apart from my room, there were few doors as well, but I didn't felt the presence of life in them. On my left, I saw the stairs and went down.

My condition was really bad, I could barely stand, but something told me to move forward, so I held walls for support. I don't know how long I was walking but after some time I found a torch that was attached to the wall. I took it with me. Continuing my walking I was finally in the castle hallway. It was huge and wide. Walls were black, due to the blazers with which this castle was built. On the left side were massive windows, on the right side walls were covered with a big cloth. It represented two wolves, black and white. The black animal was on the top, mouth wide open, his eyes were burning with familiar aggressive and full of desire fire. The white wolf was laying on it's back, his upper body was all covered in blood, his crystal blue eyes looked beautiful. Behind them was a huge fire and destruction. In front of them was a cliff. As if the black beast wanted to push the white wolf and let it die.

Moving on, I wondered threw the dark castle as the rain from the outside was my companion. When I heard guards, I hide behind the curtains. I heard their dialogue.

"Gods, I can't believe this!"

"Yeah, me too! he sacrifices himself for some weak witch, who could not even stand! And now Alpha's laying in his chambers, for about a week"

Week? Whole week?!

Yeah, and it's all because of you! He would be alright if it wasn't you!

"There are rumors that this witch, is his mate and she's somewhere in the castle"

"Gods dammit and you believe in this fucking crap?! You know our Alpha, he's not made for that. I mean look what he's doing, he's destroying everything he sees! There's no chance that this will stay by his side. I'm afraid it's the first and the last Alpha like him. This brat does not deserve our Alpha. And IF I see her, then I-"

"Agh do not even continue!" they chuckled " Maybe you're right and it's just a rumor" their voices vanished somewhere far away. At this moment it was more than enough. I have to see Ares. I wanted to see him

I start to breathe more in order to smell him and after some time of inhaling air, I finally found it. But it was weak. I made my way on the third floor and the last door in the hallway was mine. Once again my whole being was trembling, the head was aching.

Please be alright.

When I opened the door I was paralyzed. Ares was lying on his back, upper body was all in bandages so his head too. The chest was slowly moving up and down. I saw a redish spot between his collar and right shoulder. It had to be blood.

Then heal it

Lighting up the candle on the small table near his bed, I sat beside him, placed my palm on the wound, and using any power that I had, start to heal him.I know that I'm still weak even to walk and I probably won't be able to do anything afterward...but come to think of it Ares, saved me. I owe him and it's my chance to repay him back. Yameter and Mike are the only one's a have. Kye is far away from me, there's a small chance I'll see her in the human world. But she's safe and alive, that's what matters. Nanny Penelope will take good care of her, I know. When it comes to my mate, I see in him, in some way, my own reflection. Something happened to him in childhood that made him like this. He did not have anyone to help him with this darkness, he was too small to control it, eventually, he didn't have too much choice but only to obey it. Now looking back at myself, when mother wasn't alive anymore- I was exactly the same, maybe even worse... But I had support, Mike's love, and dad's hope, and thanks to them, I didn't go into the darkness. I guess that's what my mom told me back then.

Control your feelings.

It was a ground-rule for me, I could not disobey even if I wanted to. But when I met this man, everything starts to fall apart. These emotions he gives me, only with one touch, it's like wine. Once you tried, it burns you but you feel very good and slowly but surely you longing for more. With every sip you take, it caresses you but burns you at the same time. You want more.

As the time past, I carefully took off his bandages from his chest to see how it healed, and thankfully, it healed well. The scars were there now, as a reminder. Looking over his body, I realized that it was all in scares, big and small ones. It was beautiful, powerful like an ancient statue, but scary. Comparing to his hot skin, mine was cold. My hand went upwards, even when he's asleep, he's muscles are still tense. When my palm was on his cheek, I leaned closer to his face, my gaze went threw all of his features ending with lips. They looked dry...seductive. I left a soft kiss on them. It was hard to resist. I was sitting there, with him. With my mate. It wasn't much I could do, but it was something. I held his hand with mine, rubbing with my thumb. Sometimes I had a feeling that he was also squeezed my hands. I felt how my energy was leaving me. All my existing was heavy...

Suddenly, I heard a movement on the other side of the door. I was scared and I didn't realize that held his hand tighter. The door opened, and one'eye man was staying in front of me. It was too hard for me to see his expression.

"Luna, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here." he hissed and came closer "You healed him.."

"Yeah, I owe him and it was least I could do. He should be wake by morning"

" Well, that's good to know. But we have to get you back to your room"

"Why?" I wanted to protest but I was too weak for it.

"Luna, people don't know you are here neither Ares. Imagine how it will look like with the physician will come in the morning and see you here. It will be a scandal. We don't need that, especially when you're in this condition."

"But, rumors..."

"Let them be rumors, nobody knows you two are here, except me"

"Where's Yameter? How is she?"

"She's alright, trust me. I'm taking care of her." I nodded. If you think about it, he's got a point.

But I don't want to leave him! Please let me be here!

One'eyed- man helped me to stand up. Exiting the room I gazed at Ares. There were a lot of things that I wanted to say, but it was late. The door closed with a massive wooden crack.

"How can we walk back when the guards are everywhere?" I asked barely feeling my legs or other parts of my body.

"I have my own ways" I simply nodded. Once again we were in the main hallway, but then the man pushed the wall, and then he opened the secret passage. We entered there, it was dark...or maybe my vision was on its limit, or maybe...I fainted.

A/N If you want to be on track of updates and [some spoilers ><"] follow my Instagram: lgfn025