ººChapter Sixteenºº

KAYLA

I heard the voices, they were all around me. I was surrounded, there was no escape from them.

It's your fault that Ares almost died. It was you who should've been laying on the battlefield amongst your brothers! They died because of you!

But I stopped the war! I topped Ares!

For how long? Killing is the part of his life, part of himself. It's just a matter of time when he'll do another act. And this time, you won't stop him...you know that.

Stop it. It's not true! He changed!

Ha! Witch! Do you really expect him to stop, JUST BECAUSE you're his mate? How foolish! Take a look at yourself! You are nothing but a vessel. You are nothing and you always be that way! You are None. Face it!-

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Go away!"

I screamed. Louder. When I opened my eyes, I notice that I was on the ground, not in the bed. I was all trembling. My heart was running wild. It was all dark and completely quiet. It's back.

This voice was hunting me after my mother's death. I nearly killed myself. But I have a family that helped me back then, and now, I'm all alone. In the land that I don't know.

You know I was always in your head, I never left your side, we are like best friends!

"No, we are not! Get the heck out of my head!"

No. Darling look at you! Such a pale skin, and very skinny, practically skeleton. So-not-like -your-mother.

"Shut up! You don't know anything about her!"

Do you really think Ares would like to have This Kind of mate by his side? Look at you, you don't belong here. None's like you barely belong anywhere.

I was silent.

Do you really think HE loves you? Darling, please don't be pathetic. He has tones of women like you, maybe even better.

"NO! He's not like that!"

Remember the kiss? The first one? Well, the way he kissed you says to me it wasn't his first one. So I repeat my question: Do you really believe that he's will want such a brat like you?

I didn't reply.

Aw, don't be sad. We can still fix it.

"How?"

Your answer is awaiting you behind that door.

Suddenly, the door opened as the bright light made me blind for a moment. But a moment later I heard the calming sound of a wind who played with grass and leaves of trees. There was a nice meadow, the sun was shining and birds were softly singing their love ballads. In the meadow, I spotted I human shape, more like a woman. The color of her dress was white as her hair was...fire ginger. It was my mother.

I ran to her and when I finally reached her, everything vanished. It took me a moment to realize that I was almost falling from the window, but thanks to the porch, I didn't fall.

You can end everything...right here...right now. Then suffer will go away-

"Only after you"

Darling how could you not see, I'm trying to help, just like last time. Let's try it again but in another way...

It was tortured me. In any way it pleased, no matter how I fight back, I've always hurt myself. I ended up, crashing all furniture, hitting my body everywhere. After some time I've lost the sense of reality, I didn't know where I was anymore or what was happening. All I knew is that I wanted to ends all of it, make it stop.