°°Chapter Twenty-Six °°

Hey Sweeties!
Long time to speak, I know. How are you all? Hope all of you are staying safe and had a fine summer. Just quick explanation of the song, this song is one of my favourites due to the lyrics. (I mean yeah sure I love series, but it's not the case. Believe me, I tried to find another video with an extended version of lyrics but was the only one.) Sweet Reading~

MIKE

Mike, I want you to take Kye and Nanny and take them to the Human World. They would be safe there, no wolf would track them. Take care of them, be like a father to Kye. Promise me!

I swear on my own life, my name, and body - nothing will happen to her. You can count on me Beautiful

It's been the last time since I saw or somehow spoke to Kayla. I took Kye and Penelope and drag them into the lands of today's lands of Germany, into the mountains. Thanks to the money that we had from selling our car, we bought a small house not far away from Rottach- Egern. It's a small town, nobody would search for us here.

We live a calm and fun life I would say, all of us were missing her. Especially me, I wonder what happened to her, did she stopped the war, what Ares has done to her...

I miss her, too much.

Sometimes I hear little Kye crying in her pillow, she also misses her. But I also notice that as strong as Kayla. She always wants to do everything by herself, trying to prove that she can do it. I love it.

We lived a simple life, preparing little Kye to join kindergarten. Nanny got a job as a cook in the town's restaurant, I was working as a construction worker. Physical work was distracting me from my thought's, sometimes when I could not sleep, I chopped wood. It could be all night long...

One night, when Kye went sleep, I and Penelope were sitting near the fireplace and playing chess. It was our new habit.

"Jenny was coming today, asking about you" I smiled to nanny as I made my move. "She's quite into you Milord"

"It's a shame I'm not, nanny." she made a move.

"Check" she smiled "Maybe you should give her a chance, it's been a long time since I've seen you with a female"

"What's the point? It'll be onesided love. Much more suffering for both of us" she sighed with a disappointment " I understand that you like her, nanny, I truly do, but I'm mateless. It's been decided by a higher power and there's nothing we can do about that" she nodded, agreeing with me.

I heard a knock in the door. We looked at each other with concern, it was late and we didn't expect anyone today. Grabbing my hidden sword under the fur cover that was above on the fireplace, I carefully approached to the door. I leaned closer to her what's going on, it was dead silence.

After a short moment, I opened the heavy wooden and looked around, there was no one, only a single letter on the wooden porch. The emblem of Cold Moutain Pack was on the front, from alpha.

Something inside me hit me like a bolt of lightning, my heart was pounding. I opened it, read it:

Mike

We need you here, It's urgent. Kayla returned and she's in a very bad state, she needs you.

-Boris Everett.

"Nanny..."

"Yes Milord?" she approached from behind waiting for me to finish.

"I have to go, won't be here for a while-"