°°Chapter Twenty Four- Sorry°°

KAYLA

"Fuck" Ares cursed under his nouse. I watched him, once the men which comforted me and made me feel safe, was now gone. His expression was worried, anger was in his eyes. I wondered should I ask him about this Raven. It made me concerned, and even more worry about Ares, about us. I wonder what this Raven could do to us.

Ares gazed at me for a moment before he spoke "stay here.-" he approached me closer, our faces were only a few inches away "-and whatever happens, don't go anywhere, wair for me here, I'll come for you."

What could I do? There's nothing I could do but nod. I was helpless in this situation. But all my insides alarmed me that it won't end well. I had an urge to pull to me and held him until this Raven will go away. But I pulled those feelings away. It was a mistake

Ares formed a light smile before he left, closed the door. I heard loud steps were fading in the hall.

ARES

My heart was pumping, the heat of anger was spreading threw my veins, I never wanted that woman to appear in my life again. Even if she's family-related. Raven Swift, also known as 'messenger' or a she-devil. 'Servent of evil for her own good' Raven was my close friend when we were kids, as years past our feelings towards each other changed together with our desires. Once we've crossed the line and there was no way we could be the same again.

I walked into the main room for waiting guests. She was sitting there, her black as crooks wing hair was on the side, pale-green eyes gazing on the wildfire. The dangerous smirk was on her red lips. Stunning as always. She looked at me and her smile became more pleasant.

"It's good to see you, Darling. How are you? Haven't seen you in years-" she said. Her voice soft and quiet as she approached close.

"Why are you here? You're not welcomed." I replied. I sounded harsh trying to scare her. I failed.

"Come on, Arie. We both know you're wrong..." her hands start to travel around my body " I missed you just as much - as you missed me..."

I moved away, I didn't want her to kiss me as she usually did in past.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. You?"

"As you can see- still here, alive." she chuckled.

"How are the WasteLands?"

"Doing well. Waiting for their lord to rise-"

"What do you want, Raven?" I growled. I knew where she leads and I didn't like it. She stepped closer, our bodies were touching, scents mixing.

"I miss you Ares" her hands were wondering threw my body, as my muscles tensed. We used to do it when we were young, not caring for consequences. Simply her touch was pleasing me. It was how things work before I grew up and realized that people are more important than self-pleasing. Still, her touch was something familiar, reminding me of who I was before.

My hands themselves pressed her to me, she hissed and smiled.

"And you missed me. Don't deny it, Ares."

KAYLA

It's been a while since Ares left. I waited there, just like he told me to. Observing more of his mother paintings I realized that he looks exactly like his father- Black Brian. His was famous for being very loyal to his pack and mate, later wife. As the story says, their love had no limits, they decided to marry. They became King and Quinn. The perfect love story.

My heart was in worry. I could not find any piece. I had to find any kind of distraction. I went to find Yameter and Zayn. As I walked threw the warm halls I thought about our little talks. I realized that he never talked about it with anyone, even with Zayn. Only to me. And it made me feel warm, a goofy smile appeared on my face. The whole moment itself was miraculous, our confessions, feelings touches...us

Turning into the right hall I saw Yameter and Zayn standing in front of the door. They had worried faces.

Rather horrified.

I saw on Yameter's face appeared wet sparkle of a tear. Zayn's face showed me that he was...shattered. They both were. Those two- strongest people I've seen. What happened?

I stepped closer, they noticed me their faces tensed, instantly they blocked the door with their bodies.

"Donna..."

"What are you doing here Luna?"

"What happened?" I asked "You look horrible" they looked at each other then back at me. I felt fear start to fill my veins "Something wrong with Ares" it wasn't a question, I knew it was true. "He's there. Let me see him"

"Luna I don't think it's-"

"Let her see. Donna must know" Yameter glared at Zayn then on me. Chills went threw my spine, with every second terror was eating me up. After a tense silence and awkward glancing at each other, they finally stepped on each side and carefully opened the door, but just a little.

I stepped closer and looked threw the tiny whole.

The world stopped to exist. A spear went threw my chest, my heart stopped. I couldn't feel my body, like a ghost I looked at my mate, passionately kissing other women. I heard voices, they were echoed in the back of my head.

He finally looked at the door, our eyes meet. Regret and sorry was covered under coldness, he didn't run. He just looked into my eyes.

I felt...pain, of my heart was heavy. The emptiness inside me was too heavy to bear.

I turned around and saw two people there, their faces familiar to me. Same as a few minutes ago, but I was not. I was a different woman now.

I could not be here any moment longer, could not see his face.

"Donna we should go."

I looked at her, she was right. I nodded, then I collapsed on the warm floor. Zayn cared me out of the castle.

"Where should we go?" Zayn asked.

"Home" I whispered.

"You coming with us?" Yameter asked Zayn.

"I no longer know this man, what's the point to be loyal to a man which is not loyal to his mate"

They continue to spoke, I didn't listen. What's the point for a ghost pay attention to anything...