°°Chapter Two- Hopes °°

The next day after the race, was pretty normal. Most of the time I spent with Kye and Viola in the greenhouse. Gabe was training the next generation of our warriors. To join the warrior ranks the werewolf had to be fifteen, that was the minimum age. 

"So, how do you feel about it?" Viola asked giving me another cup of tea. Her voice was calm and innocent yet I still doubted it.

"About what?"  I pretended I didn't know what she was talking about.

" About yesterday...Gabe told me." This guy could never hide anything from Viola. I respect him for that.  Honesty and communication is a key to a successful relationship. And marriage!

"Oh... Well at first when my eyes met him, I felt fear mixed with a certain excitement. I guess the one that you feel when you meet your mate." I took a sip of my rose tea

"How were you feeling when he kissed you?" well this question made me feel a little bit embarrassed. I mean, I liked it, but I still wasn't fully comfortable spilling the beans to Viola. She's a good woman, but I still hold that distance. 

"It was something new. " I said, hoping it would be enough to satisfy your curiosity.

"That's all you can say?" she let out a chuckle. Damn, I was wrong.

"What else do you want me to say, Viola? Did I feel butterflies in my stomach?" I replied sarcastically.

"That would be nice if you tell me a bit more honey." She made that face that Hm-med me, daring. Something like: Girl, you better tell me!

"Well yes, I did feel them. And I enjoyed it too, and..." I paused remembering that moment. Even though it was just a kiss, I felt like every inch of my skin was on fire. And that pleasing and aching feeling, sneaking down my lower belly.

"And..?" a smile appears on her beautiful face. 

"Is it a bad thing that I wanted more?" I said biting my lip. I was nervous about this whole conversation but Viola's gorgeous smile made me relax a little. "I mean, he is Ares the Ruthless after all"

"Of Course not love! I felt the same when I kissed your cousin for the first time" Viola said, cutting me in the middle. I let out a laugh and took another sip of a warm tea. I heard a loud run and giggle, Kye was playing with her friend Jack. "Mommy look! We caught a bunny!" she announced and showed me the dead body of a hare. I was impressed by how fast she is improving with her hunting skills. 

"That's a wonderful baby! I'm so proud of you, show this to Grappy, he'll love it" I hugged her and kissed her fluffy cheek as she and Jack ran away from the greenhouse into the packhouse and silence was again our companion.  

As time passed, my father summoned me to help him with his duties. I was supposed to check what's happening on the west side of the land where our warriors live. The wolf that is mateless or the wolf that had been rejected has nothing to do but join the warrior 'pack'. They've decided to be far away from the packhouse and be more focused on their duties. Thanks to this idea we have a powerful army. That's why we've been called Spartans. Other packs also avoid us because of our ally - rogues. Most of them were expelled from their packs or 'cursed' by Moon goodness- they can't shift into their wolves, but that's not a problem when it comes to war. Thanks to them we have a big number of cavalry. 
The warriors' location was a bit further down the frozen forest. I loved to take daily walks back and forth in there. The forest was covered in soft and shiny snow. The snowflakes would stop in thin air as the sun would shine through them. The snowflakes looked like hundreds of tiny diamonds, resting in the air. Truly magical view.

When I finally reached the 'man cave' I took a sharp exhale as I rested my upper body against the hard wooden door in front of me. "Love the walks, but still, cardio is not my forte" I sighed out, straightening up.