2- Lunch with princess

I get inside of my car, and grab an old t-shirt to wipe off my paint covered hands to the best of my ability. Most of it already dried onto my skin, flaking off, while some just smeared.

"I like that guy. He's a genius for covering your car in spray paint," Asher chuckles to himself, going on about how funny this entire situation is.

Maybe I should pour pink hair dye into his shampoo bottles....

I bet Ash won't be laughing like a hyena then.

"Shut up, Ash! It's not funny, because now I have to waste time and money at a car wash." I bang my head on my steering wheel like some nut case. This day can't get any worse.

A first day of school in a brand new city is supposed to go by like a simple breeze. Unfortunately, this day has not been a breeze. More like a tornado wreaking havoc across my mental state of mind.

"Don't be psycho about it, jeez," Asher responds in an exasperated tone of voice, one that makes me want to punch him.

After I drove my car through a car wash, four times, I drive us home, and Asher still won't stop cracking jokes about my abused car.

I personally don't get the big deal. It wasn't funny, Ash must be high or something. I wouldn't put it passed him.

I walk in and see my mom wearing her pink nurse scrubs. My mom is a nurse and loved helping people out. That's why she insisted on keeping her common job even when Dad is making enough to support us all.

"Hey sweetie. How was—-" She stops. "Did you sign up for art this year?" She walks towards me with her eyebrows knitted together.

I look at her like she's crazy. She knows damn well I suck at art. I took art in junior high and made a clay horse. When I gave it to mom on Mother's Day she told me it was a nice crab. Like what the hell? A crab and a horse look nothing alike!

I may be trash at art, but that doesn't stop me from trying to draw things I can't. It's a skill I wish to achieve before I'm thirty.

"No why?"

She brushes her thumb across my cheek, showing me her thumb, and it's covered in crumbly dried, red paint.

Ace you mother fucker!

I sigh shaking my head. "I don't know where that's from, mama."

"Hmm....Well go change into something nice. I invited my new friend and her family over for dinner." Mom bounces on the balls of her feet like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"Aww mom, I'm proud of you for making friends!" I tease her while she glares.

"Oh hush up, Harley."

I run up stairs only to find Asher snooping through the drawers of my nightstand.

"Asher Valentine, what the hell do you think you're doing?" I block the door with my hands on my hips.

The little snake thinks he can just slither in here without getting caught!? He's lucky Mom won't let me buy a taser gun.

He freezes in his tracks, gives me a timid smile before shooting off like a bullet. I stop him by grabbing his shirt and see he's holding my iPhone charger.