25- B*tch Slapped

"One more week ti'll Christmas break. I can do this." It's Monday morning and I'm freaking out. I give myself a pep talk in the mirror.

Three days ago I found out about Daniel cheating on me. I received non-stop text messages and calls from both him and Rena.

I can't believe Rena, my friend, did this to me. I want nothing more than to hit her.

Now I have to face the whole school and all the rumors. My nerves are pretty high, but I need to be at school for finals.

I brush out my hair and put concealer on my dark bags. Adding a coat of mascara on my eyelashes and light highlighter on my cheekbones.

I decide to wear ripped skinny jeans and a black sweater.

I walk down stairs to a quiet house hold. Asher, Mom and Dad went out to visit our baby cousin, Jasmine. I told them I didn't want to miss finials.

Missing a chance to get in a good college is a big no-no.

As I'm poring milk into my cereal bowl, the doorbell rings. Groaning I curse out whoever is keeping me from eating delicious Lucky Charms.

I open the door and want to tear the head off of the person on the other side of the door. She gives me a sad, guilty smile.

Rena the trick ass whore.

"What the hell do you want!?" I growl out but make sure my face is clear of emotion.

I feel betrayed, tricked and manipulated by her. Just seeing her face makes me want to crawl into a hole to die. Or be abducted by good o'l aliens.

"Harlow I'm so sor-!"

I cut the bitch off by smacking her right across the face.

She lets out a pained grasp and holds her red cheek. Her eyes water and I enjoy looking at the handprint my hand left behind.

Before she can say anything else, I slam my door shut and lock it.

Walking back to the beloved bowl of cereal, I eat it like nothing happened.

>>>>>>>>>>>

My anxiety's are high when I step foot in school. Everyone stop and stares, whispering and gossiping to each other.

I bite my tongue not wanting to say something I would regret. My feet walk me to my friends by the lockers.

There're talking amongst themselves, in a circle.

"Hey, guys!" I speak up, making my voice sound cheerful and sweet. Even though deep inside I feel dead.

My eyes first meet Ace's who gives me a soft smile. Then Cal who wraps his arms around my shoulders. "How are you holding up, love bug?"

I shrug my shoulders and put on my best fake-ass smile. "Peachy. Just peachy."

"Good." Brody nods at me, ruffling up my hair.

"Okay....Stop crowding my strong and pretty BFF." Kaia pulls me by the hand toward her. "Let's get to class. We have less than a minute before the tardy bell rings."

The rest of the day goes by very slowly. Like I predicted....Rumors we're taking over the damn school.

"I heard Daniel got caught cheating with three girls...."

"No. I thought Rena and Daniel has sex in her bedroom."

"You are both wrong. Harlow cheated on Daniel with Ace."