27- Just a crush

Hi people! So TheStormCommunity has launched a graphic shop. If you need a book cover, aesthetic, banners, face claim or backgrounds we got you covered!
Check it out and it's FREE!

-TWO WEEKS LATER-

"Damnit, Harlow. Did you forget to pack a phone charger?"

"Yes....." I say sheepishly.

Kaia, Cal, Brody, me and Ace are going on a road trip. We were going to camp in Yosemite National Park.

It is a three hour drive with normal San Francisco traffic.

"It's not my fault you forgot your iPhone charger too. I'm not your mom, Kai." I retort and get a huff as a reply.

We're we're going to take Ace's dad's Range Rover as our ride.

My poor Mercedes was being used to teach Asher how to drive. I was totally against it, but mom said she's not letting him drive her car.

I strap my pink backpack on my back, filled with clothes, food and bug spray.

A car honking pulls makes me look up. Ace sits in the driver side and gives me a wink.

I laugh and run to the black Range Rover. "I call shot gun!"

Kaia lets out a childish whine.

I get in, immediately smelling the leather seats. The radio is turned on to R&B music.

"Okay first will pick up Brody and Cal, then will stop at a corner store for snacks and bathroom." I nod, taking in Ace's little grin.

The way the sun hits his tan skin and beautiful face can make a gal swoon.

Ace meets my gaze and raises his prefect eyebrow. I'm captivated by his emerald green eyes.

So pretty.....

"Oh my lord! Would you two just fuck already!" Kaia groans and leans back in her seat. "I'm getting old just waiting for you two to get together."

I clear my throat, feeling my cheeks get hot. My eyes shift to Ace only to see him smirking to himself.

I turn to the back to shoot Kaia a rude glare. She only shrugs and makes a kissy faces.

I can't help but feel my heart tug every time I look at Ace. It started feeling things when Ace and I skipped school and hung out at the ice cream shop.

Biting my lip, my mind tells me the feeling is nothing. And it probably is nothing.

It's probably just a tiny crush. I steal another peek at Ace while he's driving. I notice his right hand's knuckles are turning white as he grips the steering wheel.

Before thinking I reach out and and put my hand over his left hand. He only drives with one hand which takes skills.

Seriously. I find it hard to drive with one hand.

His hands are warm to the touch. He flinches a little making me retreat, but before I can fully pull away he intertwines are fingers.

I bite my lip holding back a grin.

He doesn't spare me a glance but keeps his hand in mine.

Our hands rest on his lap and they stay there even when we pick up Cal and Brody.

"Let's get this adventure started, bitches!" Cal sings in a off-key pitch.

Brody gives Kaia a peck on the lips making her smile like the Cheshire Cat.