12- Booty call

"Dad's awake?" Asher asks, standing up from the couch. I don't answer. I grab the keys and run out of the hotel room. I hear Asher's loud elephant feet run behind me.

I hop in the car, blast the radio that's playing a Snoop Dogg song. I speed down the streets of Miami in a rush.

We get to the hospital and I press the elevator button but it doesn't work.

"Fucking-!" I hit the button with my fist but it doesn't budge.

Asher hits my hand making me pull away. "Your pressing too hard, moron." He presses the button softly and we wait.

"Who's the moron now, idiot?!" I walk out the broken elevator. "Will have to take the stairs."

"Noooo! My legs already hurt from all that running." Asher complains, sounding like a little girl. I ignore him, running up the stairs. "Hurry up, fatty!"

I push open dad's room and run over to him. I dodge my mom's open arms and go to my dad's. "Dad!" I jump in his arms. He grunts but hugs me back tightly.

"I told you Harlow loved me more, Vera!" Dad chuckles while mom huffs.

Asher joins our embrace. "Hey kids, I love you but this banana pudding is calling my name." He points to the bowl near his bed.

I let him go while he eats. "So...Harlow, How was your date? Did he treat you right? Do I need to go beat that boy's ass!?"

"No! No it went great!" I reassure him. How the hell did he remember my date with Danny?

"Remember Harley. You can't marry until your thirty! And no sex until your forty! Right Asher?"

"Yup." Asher agrees with our insane dad.

"That's totally unfair. Mom tell him!" I sit and ask my mom with the 'puppy dog eyes.'

"Jay....Harlow can make her own decisions babe." Dad is about to argue but stops when mom gives him the 'look.'

"Yes, dear."

>>>>>>>>>>

It Tuesday and I'm going back to the hell hole parents call school. My dad decided to retire from football. He will no longer be playing for the NFL which made me happy. Instead he was going to work from home on a sportswear line. I was excited to see my dad more often!

I change out of my PJ's to a Nike hoodie and leggings. It was starting to get cold outside and I did not want to be a human popsicle.

 It was starting to get cold outside and I did not want to be a human popsicle

"Asher get your ass moving." I grab my keys while waiting for Asher-the-slow-poke!

Asher walks in looking like a zombie. There were dark circles under his eyes and his usual tan complexion was pale. "Hey buddy are you okay?" I check his head to see if he's warm but he shakes me off.