16- Call me basic

Holy Balls we hit 4K! We were at 2K less than two weeks ago. Tysm I love u! ❤️

    "Today you are going to work in pairs of my choosing." The English teacher, Ms. Patly, explains. I sit with Ace and some other quiet girl who wears thick black glasses. "You are to do a presentation on an assigned book I give you." She wobbles around the desks, passing out sheets of papers.

"Okay listen up, rug-rats. You are going to do a three paged book report, front and back, with someone at your table."

Ace and I turn making eye contact. We nod at each other, already knowing we will be partners.

The teacher passes out a book to each group. Ace and I end up with Lord of The Flies. Luckily for us, I've already read that!

The class bell rings and I walk with Ace to find our other friends. "Do you want to work on this Friday? It shouldn't take us long because I've already read this." I ask.

"Yeah. Friday is good." He responds looking off into the distance. He sounds distant, like his body is there in person, but his soul is elsewhere. "Are you okay, pretty boy?" I tease.

No answer.

"Okay-!"

Ace cuts me off. "I'm fine. I-I'll see you later, Harlow." He shoves his hands in his pockets and walks off.

Well someone is on their man period.

I'm about to follow him but decide against it. He's obviously not in the mood to chat and I need to respect that. Period.

God I sound like a middle aged mom!

Today is Monday and that pretty much explains my mood and patience. I'm rockin' a pair on Ugg's and leggings with a pink hoodie.

Call me basic, I dare you!

Rena and I were going shopping after school today. Kaia was supposed to come but she ditched me when Brody invited her to "study."

I thought there was a rule called Sisters before misters? Guess it doesn't apply to Kaia.

I walk into French class which is the last period. Thank God!

Cole and Daniel were in the class, so I never get much work done.

"Cole Ramsey." Madame Adrienne calls. The class stops all conversations. "Complement anyone in this class in French."

Cole gawks, looking around the room for a target. His eyes go back to the teacher. He looks her up and down with a sly smirk.

You see the thing about Madame Adrienne is she is in her late sixties but acts like a twenty year old. Her grey hair has streaks of pink in it and she always wears sunshine yellow dresses.

"Madame Adrienne, Vous êtes la vieille dame la plus sexy du monde." Cole speaks like he's fluent in French. Madame's pale cheeks turn pink while the class is silent. All of a sudden everyone erupts in roars of laughter.

Madame Adrienne recovers with a glare that can turn people into stone.

"Shut up, kids!" She waves her hand in the air for silence. "Cole. Detention. Now!" She points to the door for Cole to exit. Danny pats Cole on the back with a chuckle.

If idiots could fly this place would be an airport!

>>>>>>>>>

   It's the end of the day and now I'm waiting for Rena. She was my ride to the Mall. After ten minutes of waiting she pulls up in a blue Jeep.

"Hey sorry I'm late. Ace was acting weird today." She apologize as I open the door.