26

The following weeks had been busy for the whole group. Since it was the promotion stage before the debut, JYP has been working on how he will promote each member. Aside from our usual practice, we have been receiving a lot of offers, which can be used as promotion materials. JYP even registered some of us in some sort of contests. Jaebum and Mark entered a singing contest to showcase their skills while trying to win the prize. Youngjae, Jackson, and Bambam received modelling offers from a perfume company, and Jinyoung also starred in a drama. It was not difficult for JYP to promote me since I already gained a lot of popularity from the drama I acted in.

Speaking of drama, ever since the show ended, the actors there gained a lot of popularity, especially Jieun and me, from the public because of how successful the drama has been. I've been receiving a lot of offers for different roles since then. Some are supporting actors like my first one, there are also others that offered me to become a main character in a drama. I am not quite knowledgeable with these things , so I let JYP and his staffs deal with them.

Today, I'm in my first variety show that featured a lot of famous artists. I felt a lot pressure since all of the participants and hosts were adults and this is my first time being in front of cameras without script. I felt calmer when I'm in a shooting for a drama than shooting for a variety show. Every actions you took in a drama is scripted, while variety shows contained a lot of ad-libs. People moved unpredictably and the outcomes are rather unexpected.

Thankfully, Calm Mind helped to ease my mind. When I looked around, I noticed that some of the guests are people who I recognized when I searched their names and some didn't even exist in my previous world. I searched them in my phone so I can prepare myself. I don't want to embarass myself in front of a lot of people. The audiences were composed of different people. Some were young, and some were very old. It seems that this show is family-friendly, unlike the other shows which targeted adults as their audiences, or cartoons who aim for the young audience. The most noticeable people are the famous artists today.

...

I am in the backstage right now, I was about to head to the studio when I met the director. I greeted him first before he spoke to me.

"Did they already apply your make up?" the director asked.

"No sir." I replied.

The director sighed as he slapped himself. His head was a bit red. I she that mad? He called (shouted) at the make up artists. Then, 5 people came to us in a hurry.

"Hey! The show is about to start and you haven't applied make up to him yet? Do you always slack off in your job?" He asked in an angry tone.

"N-no, sir. I thought that someone has already applied make up for him." One of them bravely replied.

"Same reason with me, sir." another one followed.

"Me too." The director then slapped himself again. This time, his hand left a mark on his forehead.

When headed to the set, some people asked him about the hand mark on his head.

...

When stepped inside inside the studio, I looked around and wondered how the studio accomodated a lot of people, including the director and the team responsible for the cameras and lights. I thought that since this show is very popular, they decided to expand the studio space so more people can watch the taping live.

I saw the girl groups 2NE1, and SNSD. The famous male group SHINEE is also present. I only knew the group and their songs, but not the members. It seems I have to really prepare myself. While waiting, I decided to open my phone and study each member's profiles. With the help of my INT stat, I managed to memorize and understand their biographies.