Shay Cormac x Child reader

Requested by @EvernightForest

Sorry for being late to publish this request, I have go a writer block and have been busy recently.

Oh, and recently I have been watching Lucifer and I think I will write a one shot book and him.

Hope you like it.

Imagine:- You're a homeless child that depend on yourself, but you got the attention of a certain Templar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You didn't know how ended here in the streets. One moment you were with your mother and another you found yourself watching you once called home burn down in flames. You mother died during the accident, you weren't sad about her death since she was abusive to you. You have been in the streets for six months now and thanks to your mother, you managed to get skills of surviving.

You were setting in one of the alleyways with your legs pulled up to your chest. You were staring at ground, not caring about anything. You were glad that you managed to stay alive today too, "What are you doing here alone, little one?" An Irish voice asked. You looked up and saw a man with black hair pulled into a small ponytail, he was wearing a long red and black robe. You also noticed the cross on his chest. You just continued to stare at him, completely ignoring his questions. He knelt down to look at your E/C eyes,"Where's you parents, kid?" He asked again with his thick Irish accent.

"Dead."

Was all you said. Shay stared at you with shock, "Do you have anywhere to go?"

"No. Leave me alone."

With that you stood up and walked away from the area, leaving the shocked man behind.

~~

It had been a few days since you saw that man. You didn't bother to look for him nor to talk to him anymore. Right now, you were escaping from the bakery after you stole a loaf of bread. You just ran as fast as your little legs could, your lungs were screaming at you for air, but you didn't care. The bakery owner was so mean to you and everyone, he wouldn't let anyone leave without paying even if he was to use violence. Exactly like right now, you were running away from him in the forest and he chased you with a gun in his hand. You were afraid that you might die now. You heard him shoot his gun and you could have sworn that it was so close to you.

Shortly, you managed to hide away from him, "Where did that brat disappeared? I will kill them after I find them." He walked far away from you. You let out of a breath you were holding, but then hissed in pain. You touched your side and saw blood in your hand. You started to panic as your vision became blurry, dark spots appeared around as you fell down. You didn't know how you got shoot like this, but you knew that if you didn't do anything, you would die here and no one will know. Is thus my end?

Before you could close your eyes, you saw a figure ran to you, but you didn't know who this person was or what they want.

~~

You slowly opened your eyes to see a ceiling. You looked around and saw you were in an unfamiliar place, the place was rocking slightly which made you think that you were in a ship. You tried to set up, but the pain immediately shoot through your small body. Suddenly, the door of the room opened and in walked the man from before, "You finally woke up! I started to think that you wouldn't make it." He said, setting on bed beside you. "W-who are you? Why d-did you s-save me?" You asked despite your weak voice.

"My name is Shay. I saw you in the forest back there and you were injured, so I couldn't let you die." He said smiling gently at you, "For a seven years old kid, you show so much strength and managed to survive this shoot." He added. "I'm Y/N and thank you for saving me Ms. Shay." You said, smiling weakly. Shay chuckled, "No need for formalities, just call me Shay."

"Alright, Shay."

You started to telk him about your life and how you ended up being homeless. Shay was beyond frustrated, but he did let it show. He didn't want to scare you, I'm not letting them leave again. I promise to protect them and make their life better. This was the promise Shay made to himself and wasn't planning on breaking it.

~~

"Y/N!? Where are you? Come on out now." Shay said, looking for you in his cabin. You giggled as you hid under his desk. You see, you had been with Shay for six months now and both of you were so close to each other. Some of the Templars thought that you and Shay were like a father and his child.

"There you are!!"

You let out a small scream when Shay suddenly appeared in front of you, "This is not fair!? You always find me fast." He pulled you up in his arms, "Well, you must stop laughing and giggling when you hide, little Y/N." You pouted and crossed your arms, "Come now, you can't be angry with me right?" He asked. "It's really not fair." You said.

"I can make it up for you." Your E/C eyes lit up. "Really!?" You asked with surprise and excitement in your voice."Yes, I will buy you (Favorite food). What do you think?" He smiled. You squealed happily while clapping your hands," Yay, you're the beat!?" You give him a kiss on the cheek.

Time skip:-

After the long day, you and Shay turned back to the Morrigan, you were tired as well as Shay too. You both made it to the bed and you nuzzled into him, "Hope you enjoy your day?" He asked. "It was the best day." You said, beaming happily.

"Anything for my little child."

"Thank you, Dad."

"You're welcom, little Cormac."

Shay was glad that he kept his promise and protected you, his child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's horrible. I have this writer block and barely managed to get this idea.

Shay:- At least you showed that you stay alive.

Yeah, I'm alive and won't die easily.

Shay:- *Rolls his eyes*... Don't exaggerate that much lass.

Whateva!!?

Hope you like it.

See you soon.
RC ~😋