Chapter 11

" Do you need something?" i say in an annoyed tone.

" What do you mean?" Jace asks me as if he has no idea what i'm talking about.

" You've been staring at me for the past fifteen minutes, while ive been trying to take notes. So im gonna ask you again, do you need something?"

"Nope" he says and has a grin on his face.

I know i cant talk to him because i have no idea how to trust him with anything i say or believe anything he says but its driving me crazy to not ask him about himself and Anna and what the hell is up with them. When i peeked at him from the corner of my eye, i saw he was on his phone and I'm guessing he was texting someone. i don't trust him, not one bit. He reeks of trouble.

As i try to continue with my work, I'm constantly distracted. Im in the same class as tobias and evan. I was actually thinking about turning around and having a quick glance at them, but i just reminded myself not to, it'd be much easier not seeing them for the rest of the class period. I'll most likely bump into both of them later on during the day, which I'm honestly not looking forward to.

I noticed how Anna wasn't here today for any of here classes, which was odd. And thinking about this, brought me back to that subject and made me think of how jade was sitting right next to me. I turned toward him and stared at him until he finally took a notice.
" You need something sweetheart?" he turned in my direction. Why does he always have to be grinning while he's talking to me.

" Don't call me 'sweetheart' again. But actually i do." I say and by the expression on his face, I'm guessing he was shocked by the fact that I need something from HIM.

" Whats going on with you and Anna? she's one of my friends, and she's been acting really strange ever since you and your brother have suddenly popped up everywhere." I say.

" I don't think i should answer that." he says cooly.

" I think you should. Anna isn't answering any of my texts, and whatever happened with you guys yesterday with Tobias affected me too, you know?"He stared at me for a few seconds then turned around toward where Tobias was sitting and started at him, then back at me.

" Im sorry, for what we caused but i really cant talk to you about it, and i wouldn't anyway." Jace says.

I scoff and turn away from him, pissed. he tried getting my attention a couple times, making me smile and crack a laugh here and there, but i tensionally ignored it. I don't think he's that big of a douche than i did before to be honest. but i still have no idea whats going on with him and Anna but I'm gonna find out and try to calm her down.
As i'm on my phone replying back to some of my unread messages, when some guy walks into class basically 30 minutes late. I feel like i recognize him, and i do. He's friends with Jace and Evan. He makes his way to the section where i'm sitting, and takes a seat next to Jace, which was no shock. He was wearing black skinny jeans, with a plain white tee, with some black boots.

Jace and him started talking for a few minutes until i heard them suddenly stop. Jace turned toward my direction and they were both staring now.

"Bea, this is Jared. Jared this is Bea." Jace tries to introduce us two.

"I prefer Tris, but its fine." i say and we shake hands.

"You guys wanna get drinks after class? i had a shitty day." Jared asks.

"Im fine, thanks for the offer." i say as politely as possible.
Before i knew it, the bell for dismissal rang, having people walk out the door without hesitation. I felt like Jared had eyes on me when i was walking out of class. When i was out in the hallways, i got a text from Anna saying " Sorry about you and my brother. Can't talk right now, but ill text you soon and make some time for some coffee. xx".

As i'm getting ready to leave to building, to go and meet up with Peter, Caroline, Eric, And Eve, i hear someone calling my name. I turned around to see the presence of Jace, once again.

"Hey, we're throwing a party back at our place, and we were hoping you could make it." he says while taking a glance at Jared. I feel like Jared looks at me way too much, and it makes me uncomfortable a bit. "Oh wow, thanks for the invite, ill see if i can make it." i say and give both of them a warm smile. Once they walk past me, i see Tobias standing at the other end of the hall, and we're making eye contact for the first time today.

And i don't see the presence of Evan, which throws me off.