Chapter 2 - It's fine

Noelles Pov:

"That's Noelle.My daughter and she's going to live with us."my dad said and her eyes widened.

"Wait what?!"she yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"Did nobody listen to me yesterday?"dad asked her and she just shrugged.

"And you two have to get along with each other because she's going to stay in your room."dad added and her eyes widened even more.

"What!No!She can't stay with me!She doesn't even have a bed."The girl shouted.

"Skylar she going to stay in your room."dad said a little angry at her."At first."he added.

"Nolle is it okay if you sleep on a mattress at first until we bought an bed?"dad asked and I nodded.

"And we'll find a way that you can have your own room.You just wait a little."Caroline added and I gave her a small smile.

"You guys are unbelievable!"Skylar said and walked angrily upstairs.

"Just ignore her.She normally is really nice."Dad said and scratched his neck.

"It's okay."I said with a shrug.

"It's pretty late.I think we should go to sleep."Caroline said and I nodded.

"Come I show you where Skylars room is."Dad said and we walked upstairs to he room.

Dad knocked and then opened the door.We walked inside and Skylar is laying on her bed with her phone in her hands.

"I'll be right back with a mattress."dad said and walked out.

Now it's just me and her.

"You are staring."she said without looking away from her phone.

"Sorry.."I looked down and fiddled with my fingers nervously.

She then put her phone away and sat up."So..why are you here?"she asked and looked up to me.

I froze and could feel tears trying to escape my eyes.I looked at her and opened my mouth but closed it again and looked down.

I could feel tears falling down my cheeks and I heard that someone walks over to me.

"I'm sorry."she said softly and carefully put her hand on my arm.

I flinched at her touch and looked down at her hand.

She immediately pulled her hand back and scratched her neck."I'm sorry that I was such a bitch to you earlier.."she said and I saw she meant it because you could see the guilt in her eyes.

"It's fine."I said and wiped my tears away.

She looked down for a moment and then walked to her bed and sat down.She patted the spot next to her and I slowly walked over to her and sat down next to her.

"How about we get to know each other a bit?"she asked and I slowly nodded.

"You don't talk much,don't you?"she asked with a chuckle and I just shrugged with a small smile.

"Well..um..so..how old are you?"she asked shyly.

"16."I answered shortly.

"I'm 17."she said with a smile.

"Looks like you two are getting along."my dad said when he walked in with a mattress.

Skylar and I looked at each other,then at dad and shrugged.We burst out laughing and dad just smiled at shook his head.

"See you two tomorrow.Good night."dad said and walked out.

"Are you even tired?"Skylar asked with a smirk.

"Nah not really."I replied and she chuckled.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?"she asked a bit shy.

"Um..sure."I responded and she scooted over to one side of the bed so that we can lie next to each other.

So I lie down next to her and she grabbed the tv remote and turned the TV on.

"What do ya wanna watch?"she asked and looked to me while Netflix started.

"I don't care as long as It's not boring or a romantic movie."I responded and her jaw dropped.

She turned to her side and leans on her elbow."You don't like romantic movies?"she asked and gave me literally the cutes pout ever.

"They're just so obvious.Two boys fight over one girl.One of them is probably her best friend and the other one is the brother of the best friend.And either the girl chooses her best friend or the brother."I replied with a shrug.

She smiles at me and I don't know why but it makes me nervous."What?"I asked with a shy smile.

"Well your right."she said with a chuckle and turned back on her back."But it's still cute."she continued and glanced at me for a second.

"Is 'Pitch perfect' okay?"she asked and I nodded.

We started watching the movie and asked each other a few questions.

I now know that her favourite color is red,her favourite singer is Taylor swift,she's loves music and dances and loves reading.

She turned to me and looked at me sadly.I tilted my head and looked at her confused."What?"

"I'm sorry about earlier.I shouldn't have asked you why you here."she said and avoided my eyes.

"It's fine..you don't know.."I stopped talking because I don't really want to talk about what happened at my moms.

Skylar knew what's wrong so she quickly grabbed my hand."You don't have to tell me.You can tell me if you're ready or when you want to tell but I'm not going to force you to tell me."she said softly and I looked down at our hands.

She was about to pull her away but I hold onto her hand to show her that it is okay.

She gave me a small smile and turned back to look at the tv.

"Thanks..I really appreciate it.."I mumbled and she glanced at me and smiled.