Chapter 3 - Elle

Noelles Pov:

(Saturday)

I woke up and feel something warm behind me.I looked down and saw an arm around my waist.

I immediately froze when I felt her breath against my neck.

I carefully placed her hand away from my waist and slowly stood up.

We must have fall asleep while watching the movie because I would never sleep in her bed.With her.

I looked at my phone and saw it is 7am in the morning.I quietly walked downstairs into the kitchen.

"You're up early."I heard my dad say behind me and I jumped a little.

I turned around and gave him a small smile."Yeah..I..um..couldn't sleep anymore."I told him and he nodded.

"So..is everything alright between you and Skylar?"dad asked and I smiled.

"Yeah..I think we're getting along pretty well."I replied and he smiled.

"That's great."he said.

"Um..dad can I ask you something?"I said and scratched my neck.

He nodded and smiled at me."Yeah sure."

"Is..is Skylar adopted?"I asked him shyly and he started laughing.

"Well you guys are all brunette and she's blonde."I added.

"Yeah she's adopted.Jackson is also not my son.He wasa few months old when Caroline and I got meet."Dad said and I nodded.

"But why did you adopt her?I mean you two could have your own child so why adopt?"I asked him.

"Well we wanted to adopt because we just wanted to give one of the kids there a good life."dad said and I smiled at him.

"So two years later after we got together we married and a few years later we adopted Skylar."he continued and walked over to the fridge.

"Do you want something to eat?"dad asked when he opened the fridge.

"I'm just eating cereal."I reply and he placed the milk on the kitchen counter.He opened the cupboard and got a bowl out and placed it on the kitchen counter too.

I thanked him and grabbes the cereal and the bowl and walked over to the table.I sat down and started eating.

After a while Mason showed up and sat down across from me."What are you doing today?"he asked me.

"Probably nothing..why?"I responded with a small smile.

"I have a soccer game.Everyone..well  except Jackson is going.Do you want to come too?"he asked me shyly.

"Sure."I replied and he smiled widly.

"Great!"he jumped of his seat and walked over to me.He put his arms around my neck from behind and hugged me before running upstairs.

I just shook my head with a smile."God why is he running up so fast?It's so early!"Skylar groaned as she walked downstairs.

I turned around and couldn't help but smile at her.She's definitely not a morning person.

"Good morning."dad said but she just waved him away.Dad and I chuckled and Skylar walked over to the table and sat down where Mason sat earlier.

She put her head on the table and groaned."I guess you're not a morning person."I said with a chuckle.

She lifted her head and smiled at me."Oh you noticed?"She said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"What happened yesterday?I fall asleep in the middle of the movie."Skylar asked and put her chin in her hands.

"Well I don't know either.I fell asleep too."I responded and we started laughing.

I heard loud footsteps and when I turned around I saw Jackson.I sigh and turned around.I don't want to deal with him right now.

Thank god he walked towards the front door but when he was about to walk out my dad stopped him."Where are you going?"he asked.

"To a friend."he replied and dad nodded.He then walked out and slammed the door.

"Ignore him.He's always like this."Skylar said and I nodded with a small smile.

"It's okay.But what the hell did I do to him?"I asked her,sounding a little harsh.

"I don't know Elle.."she said and looked down.

"Elle?"I asked smirking at her.

"Shit sorry..I didn't mean t-"She stuttered but I quickly cut her off.

"I like it."I said with a smile.One of my real smiles.Not like the fake ones I give Jackson or sometimes dad.

Skylar and I just looked at each other until we heard my dad speak up."Noelle you may not know it but I'm the principal of the school you will go and I'm about to get your schedule.Do you wanna come with me?I can give you a tour then."dad asked.

"Sure."I replied and he nodded.

"I'll wait for you outside."he said and left.

"So..I guess I see you later?"Skylar said and I nodded.

"Yeah..bye."I responded with a smile and then.