5 - Sleepless Night

POV Elsa

Anna gave me my old room. She never took it to a better use after I left Arendelle. This place...had so many memories, the good and the bad.

Still every memory had made me into the person I am today so staying wasn't that much of a deal. However there was something else troubling me.

Knock. Knock.

"Yes?" I hum and walk closer to the door leading to Anna's old room.

We had made a connecting door between our rooms when we made up with the past.

"Can you sleep?" Jack's voice asked.

"I haven't even tried yet," I reply to him.

Jack was staying in Anna's old room.

"Can I ?" Jack wondered and I agreed to him.

The door opened and he walked inside. He was wearing this long night gown which made me laugh. Even the night gown had begun to frost from his shoulders and arms.

"Not funny," Jack sulked, "-this reminds me of Pitch..eh.. I am glad that this dress isn't black." He mumbled and turned around looking at himself.

I giggle, "Dress? Hardly, that's a nightgown Jack. See?"

I change my outfit in front of him and he starts gasping.

"H-how did you do that? That was amazing! And ...and... insane! You shouldn't do that in front of a guy," Jack exhaled and covered his eyes.

"This is my nightgown and covers me as well as my previous outfit," I chuckle because of his reaction, "--well, who is this Pitch?"

"But! Ah, anyway... that man was rotten to the core, Pitch Black, we called him the nightmare king. He is like....an evil being," Jack spoke and sat down on my bed.

I sit next to him and I notice him blushing as he moves a bit further away from me.

"Evil being?" I hum and narrow my eyes.

"Yes. He made kids have nightmares. He even trapped Sandy! Sandman, you know... Pitch has been there during the darkest times in history," Jack explained, "-- we fought him and drove him to hiding. Me, Sandy, Tooth, North and Bunny. That was when I became a Guardian... oh ! And Jamie and other kids helped!"

"That's an interesting story," I say and yawn a bit.

"Oh no, you're tired," Jack gasps and jumps off from the bed.

I couldn't say a word as he suddenly picked me up in bridal style and carried me to lay down on the bed. I just stare at him as he tucks me in.

"There, you're a bit heavier than Sophie was...haha , well she's a kid," Jack chuckled and ruffled his messy hair more and then his eyes widened, " geez! I am terribly sorry! I did it without thinking."

He backed away from the bed and I sat up.

"It's fine, thank you and goodnight," I say and gave him a smile.

"Goodnight!" Jack exhales and runs away from the bedroom back to his side.

I lay back on the bed and let the wind blow the candles off.

"He was stronger than I thought," I whisper and hug myself to get away the feeling of being carried by someone.

Why is my heart racing so much?

As my heart slowly soothed down in the pace of my breathing I fell asleep.

"Milady"

A voice like a whisper called me in my sleep. It was similar to a chime's ringing but I heard words. I flicker my eyes open. I knew this voice so well.