23 - Kai (FIXED)

A/N: I accidentally published this in the morning without few notes i had written on my pc.   I was still gonna add few scenes from my notes so... new parts are written like this : hello

POV Elsa

It has been 18 years since Jack become one with Nightlight and then I lost him again. Today is his birthday and I'm writing the 18th letter for him. I'm just wondering what to write?

Then the idea hit me. I start writing of how Kai will take the throne of Arendelle. The twins are almost 21 by now. Years sure fly fast.

Dear Jack

Happy 18th birthday as the spirit of winter. I hope that things have been good for you and you have had plenty of snow fights to enjoy. I wish that we could spend today together but it's not possible.

Things are changing in Arendelle. Norway has been taking a neutral side so far as the other countries seem to be at alert. I just hope that there won't be a war.

On the happier note, Kai was throned as the king of Arendelle and his wife will be Flora. Flora is Honeymaren's daughter, she calls Ryder her father but her real father is a mystery. Ryder treats her like his own, though he chose the life of solitude and reindeers.

Anna wanted to hand over the rule to her son and be there to guide him. Both of them will be married on the same day in Kai's coronation. Kris will soon move out to a mansion near Arendelle and be a duke who will be close with Kai, the king.

This must seem silly to you, me writing letters to a person who I haven't seen in years? Still, Gale sometimes brings me the news about you. It's just your smell though but for that visiting small moment, I can almost feel like you're right next to me.

I love you Jack.

I finish writing the letter and I just stare at it. Then I rip the last page apart and rewrite it with the end I miss you, Jack. During these years while watching the twins grow, I 've seen that life itself is fragile. Mattias has grown old and can't serve in Anna's royal guardsmen anymore - what if I won't be there anymore? And Jack reads these letters?

It would hurt him, to realize that I am gone so there's no need to hurt him further.

My hands shake as I fold the letter and place it inside an envelope. Then I take the key and open up the ice chest which I first pulled out from under my bed.

I place the letter on the bottom, under 17 other letters. Then I had a moment to just read through the letter which he wrote when he was still a human. I have read it each year, just to remember him.

When I was done I locked the chest again and pushed it back under my bed. The key I placed inside a locket and around my neck before I went outside.

The sounds of hooves came from my right as I stepped out from the door. I pause on my steps and laugh as I see Flora riding on a reindeer and guiding the rest of the herd towards the feeding area.

I follow her and watch her succeeding in her task. She was already 18 and engaged to Kai who fell for her last summer.

"Nice work Flora!" Ryder whistles and crosses his arms happily.

"Thank you uncle Ryder," Flora giggles and hops off from her reindeer.

"Floraaaa, why won't you call me daddy anymore?" Ryder whines sadly.

"Because she's an adult and technically you're her surrogate father," Honeymaren hums as she carries wood on her arms, "Oh! Elsa!" She waves her hand to me as she notices me.