26 The Gloom

POV Elsa

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him standing there. Actually I wasn't sure where I was for a while but now I am feeling like we're closing up Arendelle as we go through this manbuilt corridor.

Bruni is lighting up the candles which are on the walls and Jack doesn't let go of my hand as he guides me through this secret passage and up the stairs.

"Almost there," he says and I cover my eyes when we step out from the passage.

The castle was different but still the same. When we came out from the passageway, the mechanism closed it. I turn around to look at the painting with me, Anna and her family and --

"Olaf!" I gasp as I saw Olaf in the painting. I start to look around me quickly.

"Hey, we'll find that funny snowman," Jack assures me and holds my hand tighter.

"Thank you," I smile and squeeze his hand. It felt good, the fact that he wasn't willing to let go of me.

"Umm.... also there are people I want you to meet," he laughs as we began to walk around the castle. It was the same but also very different.

"Why are there ropes in front of the walls?" I question.

"Actually, this castle is like a museum now. Yeah, so...the royal family lives in other half and they allow common folk to go and see this awesome place and the royal banquet hall can be rented out," Jack explains what's going on.

"Oh, is that so," I sigh and then we heard a familiar chuckle ahead.

"Over there!" Jack cheers and pulls me on his arms, he freezes the floor and skates through the halls, Gale giving him a push from behind us.

We almost crashed against Olaf but Jack managed to break in time. I look behind him, the ice was already melting.

"Whoa, Johnny...you are fast!" Olaf cheers and keeps wobbling forward.

"Yeah, thanks...so... Olaf, Samantha isn't in this castle. I can feel it. Could you like...relax and just stop for a moment?" Jack wonders and lets me down on my feet.

My cheeks were still heated after being so close to him. I could clearly smell his fresh, minty scent with a bit of pine as he held me against his chest.

Olaf ignored his words and just kept going ahead. There was music coming from the banquet hall, there were clearly people in there.

"Olaf, don't," I tried to stop him but the snowman just casually pushed the doors open.

"Has anyone seen Samantha?" He shouts.

The people in this era, probably not used to talking snowmen...this would be a disaster.

I rush inside and try to pull Olaf back but then I startled when a woman flew towards me, she was covered in colorful feathers.

"Who are you two?" she giggles.

"Calm down Bruni," Jack says. I see him walking in, tickling Bruni from under his chin. The little salamander cools down immediately as he keeps sitting on Jack's shoulder.

"Jack! Who did you bring?" the girl cheers and flies to Jack, making a huge aww while watching Bruni eating some snow.

There were others as well. A really big man in red, a humansized rabbit, bunch of young people. And...a golden short chubby man?

"This is Elsa," Jack suddenly wakes me up from my daze as his arm goes around my shoulder, "Elsa...meet Bunny, North, Tooth, Sandy, Jamie and his friends."