16 - Ahtohallan

Pov Elsa

The Nokk rode through the frozen sea and once I got to the Ahtohallan I hopped off from it.

"Thank you," I smile and press my forehead against the horses head.

Then I rushed to the depths of the cave. The light was just ahead of me and lighting up the cave. It guided me with its warm glow that made the whole cave light up.

Then I arrived to the hall where I could reach to all of the memories.

"Right, I can see what happened to him...," I whisper and call out to the water.

The water drops start to gather around from all around. The water which gives life to all of the living things comes to me, to show me the memories of everything.

Then I found the water drops that had been in contact with Jack. They start to form ice figures and I hear the voices of the people who had interacted with him and of course his voice.

However this time was different. No matter how many times I ran around the room I couldn't find any traces of his current whereabouts. Actually all of the memories of from him drowning and meeting the Guardians and Jamie, the life after that - they were gone.

"What is going on...where did you go? Did the past change somehow," I say and swallow the lumpy feeling down my throat.

I didn't notice the feeling of being watched at first. Not until I heard this voice.

"The way water remembers...It sure is something, huh....but there's no chance that you'll find traces of him in this timeline since he still doesn't exist."

A voice speaks and there's a bright glow. It gets too strong for me to look at it directly. I cover my eyes a bit and try to see the figure.

"Are you the one who has been calling for me? Who are you?" I whisper.

The voice laughs and then he hums.

"Nightlight, bright light,

Sweet dreams I bestow.

Sleep tight, all night.

Forever I will glow."

The light slowly gets dimmer and I blink many times until I get my vision back. The way he looked, it seemed similar to Jack. His hair was bright white, spiky but a bit longer than Jack's and curling up a bit. He was dressed up in black armor and holding a glowing spear.

"Nightlight?" I repeat.

"Yes. My name is Nightlight, pleased to meet you lady fifth spirit," he bows and there was something cunning in his eyes.

"You didn't answer me... have you been calling to me?" I insist to know.

"I have, before and now and again," he says and walks closer.

He was taller than Jack but something in him seemed familiar. However he seemed a bit younger.

"Don't let my looks fool you, I am several hundred years old," he laughs and there's the sound of a chime.

"How could you make your voice to be just like my mother's singing?" I cross my arms and he steps a bit too close.

"Aren't you interested, huh? Well... sweet dreams I bestow... I made you think that it was your mother's voice. Nice touch, right?" He grins and I narrow my eyes from annoyance.

"Just tell me where he is!" I huff.

"He returned to his own time. Here you can just find memories of his human past and well..as you might see, now that he is gone, there's no past of him dying in the lake," the Nightlight says and sits down on a piece of ice.