12 - Gift Planning

Pov Kristoff

For two days people have been preparing for Christmas. I remember the first time when Anna was planning a Christmas celebration with Elsa and then Olaf disappeared. At first it had seemed hopeless to get everyone from Arendelle to attend back then but eventually things turned out fine.

And this time, everyone from Arendelle is creating a Christmas celebration. There are amazing ice sculptures around the courtyard, long tables have been decorated with white table cloths, some table decorations with red roses and some green stuff - yeah...and red ribbons everywhere. The ladies are making food...

And everyone is saying no to my traditions again. Why don't they want the way trolls celebrate Christmas?

And speaking of Christmas...

"Hey! How did it go with Trolls?" I ask as I see Jack walking into the stable.

I really liked to stay in the stable while everyone was in a hurry and organizing things. Being the king was sometimes too much with all of the questions... how would I know if yule cake is better or cookies?

"Horrible, they kept pulling me from everywhere to different directions...honestly they were worse than Tooth," Jack groans and collapses to sit down on a storage box.

"Hey, those guys are my family," I huff to him and cross my arms.

Jack smiles slyly and then laughs, "haha, I know. I was just messing with you. They were nice...stones."

"Thank you?" I hum and raise my eyebrow.

"And well they kept inspecting me and giving weird looks. They mumbled about a double existence of some sort of in this timeline," Jack shrugs and lets out a sigh.

"How about making you back into a you know, full spirit? It makes you look old," I grin and point at the single streak of white on his hair.

Jack laughs and shakes his head and then he ruffles his hair and then he mumbled out something.

It was as if he said -she said it doesn't look too bad.-

"Jack we will help you out. We're a team, me and Anna...and Elsa...twins...hmm...maybe them too, and Olaf and Sven. You're part of that team now because you helped our kingdom," I tell him as I sit next to him and pat him on the back.

"I know and well, I just need people chatting about Jack Frost and the kids to hear that while they have fun. After that we just need to wait and see if it's enough but..." Jack explains and then his expression gets serious.

"Something is worrying you? You almost look like Anna when we run out of chocolates," I wonder and look at him.

"I just need to keep the darkness away from here. If Pitch causes more trouble to people in here he might get too strong and that shouldn't happen during this time--," Jack says and then seems like he got really shocked.

"Hey, what's the matter?" I ask.

"World war--," he whispers and I see him squeezing his hands into fists.

"The what?" I laugh a bit nervously.

"Nothing, just...just...don't interfere to anything grande in the future. Promise me, Kristoff," Jack asks and grabs me from shoulders. I nod my head to him slowly.

"Alright but you are acting really strange," I point out and he takes his hands away.

"Yeah well, I just know a lot of stuff... I tried, really tried to keep kids from seeing horrible things and help them find something nice," Jack sighs and stares down at the ground.