27 - A New Morning

The sun was finally rising at the North Pole, slowly making its way to a certain bedroom window. Once the light beamed through the window, warming up Elsa's cheek, her eyes flickered open. The room was bright and she had to rub her eyes while sitting up on the bed.

"Morning."

A cheerful voice greeted her and she looked towards the window's direction. She lifts her hand to cover her eyes and then she sees the shadow of a certain someone, sitting on the desk. Then he hopped down, quickly making his way to the bed and kissing her the first thing in the morning. The kiss was fast but yet so loving, caring, that it warmed her heart to the fullest.

He only paused because he tasted the salt of her tears. He cupped her cheek, letting his thumb brush away those round tear drops of hers. Seeing her crying like this made him feel concerned.

"I missed you Jack," she finally whispered and felt joyful but yet sad. Being together with him like this made her lose something else.

"Yeah, I know. I missed you too but we're together now," Jack smiles and pulls her closer against himself.

While cuddling with each other neither of them could predict what was about to come. Something or certain someone had finally a hunch of where the ice witch was. It sensed the immense power of Elsa the moment when she opened her eyes. And now it wanted to own those powers, make them into better use to destroy all hopes, joy and dreams and to prevent people from making new memories and having fun.

Lady Gloom was sitting on her throne, her spiky fingernails caressing a nightmare horse which was standing on her side. Her lair was deep in the depths of ground, in cold and soggy ground. Threats as thin as spiderwebs were attached to her fingernails on her other hand. She kept pulling the strings and with them she gave ideas to people that would lead to despair. With them she brought catastrophes to the world as she already had Mother Nature in her control.

Sitting quietly in her lair she had made the people starve, fight in wars and brought many diseases to surface. And she fed from the results, her powers were growing to be far greater than the Nightmare King ever had, now he was just a puppet of hers that deepened the suffering of the people around the world.

Her pale thick face spread into a grin, revealing her sharp teeth and her blood red eyes were throwing sparks in the darkness when she stood from her chair.

"Finally, after all these years I will be able to feed with the powers that will destroy the world!" She laughed and grabbed a hold of the Nightmare horse's ear, pulling it in front of her.

She tossed her heavy figure on the horse and encouraged it to gallop. Her slim nostrils were sniffing the traces of the powerful Fifth Spirit, smelling her power that was oh so sweet and delicious and impossible to control by her. Love. She had no idea of how something like that worked so it was better off to just eat her.

It had been decades since the last time when she came out from her lair. Just to let the Guardians think that she was dead and gone from the world. But now she has grown powerful with the world's situation getting worse. In the past the traces of the Fifth Spirit had disappeared all of a sudden but now, now she could finally get her.

"Jack?" Elsa asks and pushes his shoulder.

They had some waffles in the kitchen and he kept pouring syrup on his portion. It began to spread on the table and his share was swimming in the golden delicacy.

"Mmm... yeah?" He mumbles and looks at her.

A moment ago he had seen Northern lights dancing in front of his eyes and felt like something was calling him. The feeling was still there and slowly he realized where he was supposed to be.