11 - The Shadow Over Everything

POV North

Another day and no signs of that number one of the naughty list. It's been weeks and there's just two weeks until Christmas. Things are hectic.

"No no...make it yellow" I say while walking around the workshop.

I have no idea white the yetis complain. It's easy to repaint 200 dollhouses from red to yellow. It should be fine. Or should them be orange? Ah who knows...

Still it is starting to get troublesome, yes, troublesome without Jack Frost. I never thought that he was needed that badly.

"No Sandy, he is not back yet," I tell to Sandy who just arrived. He came to check every day between his rounds.

"What do you mean he is lost? He isn't lost...I feel it in my belly..." I laugh and point at my stomach.

Sandy shakes his head and points at the globe.

"You want me to check something?" I ask and walk closer to the huge earth globe with many lights glowing on it.

"Sandy I am really busy at this time of the year. I should be training eating cookies!" I sigh and turn around.

Then I heard this weird noise. It was metallic, loud and sounded like something needed some oil. I turn around and see how Sandy is changing the settings.

"Why are you checking the believers?" I ask "the lights are glowing -- wait...did you just check the amount of faith kids have towards Jack?"

Sandy nods and the earth globe stops making all of those annoying sounds. My jaw dropped when there was just few lights glowing.

"Oh no...sending him to past was a mistake! What if kids don't believe in me either," I groan and start to pace around.

Sandy stops me and shows images over his head.

"Yes, yes... I worry of that ice kid as well. As a guardian his powers are equal to the amount of kids believing in him and...with no snow and fun times it's not looking so good is it?" I wonder and sit down.

"A snowless Christmas...what a bother" I sigh and look out from the window.

Pov Jack

I get it, I really do. They're keeping me at the castle while they're going through the mess in the city but still, it's...boring. Watching them working, cleaning up the charred pieces of wooden signs and wiping dust while I am here behind the window is a bit annoying I think.

A sigh escapes from me and I place my staff to rest against the wall as I hop to lay on my back on the couch.

"Is it too much to ask to actually go out and help?" I mumble to a portrait and then I start to stare at the clock.

The minute pointer clicks and moves forward.

"That's it, I am not dead - well at least fully so there's a lot I can do if I just walk out from the door and see what I can do,"I huff and stand up.

I rush to the front door and out.

Then it happened. A kid walks through me.

The people of the city had been brought to stay at the courtyard and well, not even the kids managed to see me now. Only Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and the twins were the ones to still believe in my existence.

Even though they couldn't even feel me around, I could feel the pain as they passed through me one by one. It made me feel uneasy and I back away.

"Jack, I thought she asked you to stay indoors?" I heard someone speaking behind me and then I saw Olaf.