Dr Montgomery-Shepherd

"If I stuck this fork into his thigh, would I get in trouble?"

"Not if you make it look like an accident." Meredith grinned as Emily and George walked up to their table.

"Hey," they greeted as their interns chorused their own greetings. Emily sat down next to Meredith and Izzie, picking up a fry, "Heard you got in on the tumor removal," she addressed Cristina.

"Yeah," Cristina affirmed as George stole a chair from another table.

"Thank God, man. I'm drowning in estrogen here," Alex muttered as George saw Meredith's downcast face. Asking if everything was okay, he sat down. Emily grinned at the brunet's concern, sharing a look with Izzie.

"Shepherd's a jackass,"

"Got him there," Emily laughed, popping another fry into her mouth. The other interns stared at her, and she realized her slip up, "What? It's true."

"Really? I think he's kind of great," Izzie opined, chewing. She smiled at the thought of the neurosurgeon.

"He reamed her out in front of Bailey," Cristina told them, pointing a lazy finger at Meredith.

"Why?"

"'Cause he's a jackass."

"Oh." George threw his tray onto the trash, letting it clatter as he faced the table again, "Well, bad days are... bad. Maybe tonight, uh, if, you know, if you drink alcohol, I mean," He stuttered. Emily sighed at his nerves, taking a drink through her straw. Alex rubbed his cheek, leaning back at the brunet's nervousness. Meredith stared, but no emotion showed through her green eyes. "We could - all of us, I mean, go out and drink alcohol... because of the bad day." The blonde forced a grin as her pager beeped. As she left, Alex nearly let out a remark before quickly being shut up by George.

"It's okay, George," Izzie comforted, rubbing a hand up and down his arm as Cristina let out a held-in laugh. Emily turned her head to her shoulder to hide her large smile.

"That was funny and embarrassing, on a whole new level, George," Cristina leaned back, laughter reverberating from her mouth. Scoffing, Alex threw food into his mouth. "You don't have a chance,"

"Cristina," Izzie hissed as George's face flushed even more. "Damn," Two pagers started beeping as Alex and Izzie checked their waist. "Let's go."

"And then there were three," Emily mused. "And I'm going to make it two. You guys have fun with the tumor. I'll try to make it," she added. She grabbed her tray, stacking it on the trash can, "but this guy fractured his legs and I have to check his casts," The brunette shrugged, tying her curly hair back up into a ponytail. She heard their farewells as she entered the hospital again. Taking the elevator, she arrived in the Ortho wing.

Arriving in the room, she opened the chart. Glancing at the bed, she watched as the man shifted in bed. "Mr. Turner, I'm just going to check your casts. Are you experiencing any discomfort..."

.

"Derek!" Emily called out and regretted it as soon as it came out of her mouth. The attending looked in her way, a shocked George beside him. "I mean," she stuttered, "Dr. Shepherd,"

"Yes?" He paused as she paused.

"Well, I mean, you are busy, so I'll just leave, now,"

"Dr. Moore, it's fine. Dr. O'Malley was simply updating me on a case." Hesitant, she continued her way up to him towards the elevator. After a pause, George continued his report on the little girl with continuous seizures in her left foot. The neurosurgeon grabbed the scans, looking at them after he pressed the elevator button. Ordering new ones, he turned to Emily.