Part 3

Your whole body is aching, you try to sit up but someone takes their hand on your chest and makes you lie back down. You rub your eyes and see Carrie stare back at you. You flutter your eyes a couple of times and then takes her hand. She smiles and you go back to sleep. 

A couple of hours later, you hear someone talk and you open your eyes again. You see 3 people infront of the bed, John, your mom and a doctor.

Your mom is crying and John is holding her in his arms. That’s something new.

You sit up and they notice that you are awake. John walks over to you and takes your hand.

John: Oh sweetheart. Thank god that you are awake!

Steph: Sir?

Mom: Honey, you need to rest.

They all seemed so… nice. John kissed your forehead and you tried to pull away but you were in to much pain.

Steph: Im all rested out.

Mom: Okay, I’ll get you something to eat. John, come with me and let her talk to Carrie alone.

John: You okay with that honey?

You nodded and looked at him strange; he smiled and kissed you again. They left the room and you looked at Carrie who was sitting next to you.

Steph: Who are those people?

Carrie: They’ve been like that since they came over..

Steph: Came over?

Carrie: Steph, why did you do that?

Steph: It’s..

Carrie: Complicated?

Steph: Yes.

Carrie: What happened?

You looked away and felt like you were about to cry again. She took your hand and you looked at her again.

Carrie: I’ll tell you what I know. You called me and I didn’t pick up because of our fight before and you left a message saying goodbye and that you love me and are sorry and stuff.. So I called 911 and they had to break your door up.

Steph: Im truly sorry, I shouldn’t have put you through this.

Carrie: Im your friend, im with you whenever so don’t be silly. And the doctor had to take some stuff in your throat to get all the pills out.

Steph: do you think I can get a minute with the doctor?

Carrie: Yeah, I’ll get him.

She smiled and walked out of the room. You saw a cup of water on the side of the bed and took a sip, heard the door open and a manly doctor came in and looked at you.

Doctor: I can see you are awake.

Steph: And I can see that you are a doctor, we pointing out the obvious here?

Doctor: Im sorry Miss Carson-

Steph: Steph..

Doctor: Steph. How are you feeling?

Steph: Like shit. My nose hurts and I have a hell of a headache.

Doctor: That’s nothing unusual thinking that you feel down the bed and broke your nose.

Steph: I broke my nose?

Doctor: You don’t remember? Your father said that you had broken it a couple of days ago when you feel out of bed.