eight

spencer

"knight, come look at this chick walking down the hallway." alex turcotte says, the door open.

"alex, you can't just say that!" trevor zegras scolds him. alex only shrugs and i roll my eyes, standing up.

i walk to the door, expecting to see some blonde bombshell alex likes to set me up with, but it was a brunette.

i watched her walk, her walk seeming almost familiar, then when she reached the elevator, i gasped, and slammed the door shut.

"holy shit." i mutter, walking back to my bed, alex and trevor looking at me weird.

"spencer? are you okay?" i heard trevor ask, but it was if he was underwater.

my mind flooded back to the day i lost the girl i love to the war of divorce and tears came to my eyes.

"spencer?" trevor asked again and i pulled my head out of the memories.

"yeah. i'm good." i said, making alex grin.

"there's only one person i've seen make you that way and if i'm right, she's here, and that was her walking down the hall." alex said and i shoved him.

"who?" trevor asked, confused.

"the only girl he's ever truly loved. the only girl he will ever love." alex told him with a big shiteating grin on his face.

"shut the fuck up turcotte." i mumble, burying my head in my hands.

the only girl that's ever made me cry, the girl that ripped out my heart, my best friend. the person who i'll love until the end of time.

"what was her name again knight?" alex asked and i shook my head.

"moira williams." i mumbled, my voice threatening to crack.

"moira williams, the only girl that's ever made him cry." alex explained to trevor and trevor grinned at alex, a plan forming in his head.

"are you sure it was her?" trevor asked, grinning chaotically.

"there's only one way to find out." alex grinned, matching his energy.

"no."

"come on knight, won't even see her." trevor said, pulling me up and throwing me my wallet and jacket.

"i don't have a choice do i?" i asked and they shook their heads.

"not at all."

and with that, i was pulled out and down the hall to the elevator.

when we got to the lobby, i hid behind a pillar as trevor and alex went up to the mystery girl, arguing with a blonde in what seemed to be french.

the arguing stopped the minute the blonde spotted the two boys and i groaned.

this was a bad idea already.

i saw alex and trevor start talking with them and them laughing out of the four of them.

i saw the girls wave good bye then the boys came back over to me.

"so?" i ask, wanting to know if it was the girl of my dreams and memories.

"moira lemieux, formally known as moira williams." alex said, his shiteating grin back.

"you guys are true idiots." i say and shake my head, but on the inside i was so full of hope and smiles.

"they invited us to lunch with them later." trevor said and my hope was crushed.

"what?"

"yeah, we said we might have a friend that wants to join and they said to bring him along so go get ready spencer, we're going to get you your girl." alex grinned, slapping me on the back and laughing with trevor.

i laughed lightly and followed them back upstairs, nervous for later.

~~

moira

"adelina, we've been exploring for hours, can we get lunch now?" i complain, hungry from no breakfast.

"no, remember, we're meeting those guys for lunch." she says and i roll my eyes.

"it's bound to be about lunch time by now though!" i whine and she laughs, then checks her watch. i laugh to myself as her eyes widen.

"shit! it's lunchtime!" adelina exclaims and i laugh, pulling her back towards where we said we would meet the boys.

it was a cute little cafe. i ordered a cappuccino and then pulled the menu.

"moira." adelina said, excitement in her voice.

"hm?" i hum, still looking at the menu.

"moira." she said and i could practically hear the excitement in her voice.

"adelina?" i asked, looking at her curiously.

"the boys from earlier are here." she giggled and i sighed, returning to the menu, not really caring about those boys.

"that's lovely." i mumble unbothered.

"uh moira." adelina said again and i inhaled, ignoring her.

"moira, stop being a depressed artist and look around." adelina said, having a large grin on her face.

one look at that grin and i decided not to.

"hey girls." one of the boys from earlier said and i waved my hand while adelina grinned, looking at them and looking at me.

"come on moi, i thought maybe you would want to see me again." a familiar voice said, so familiar it brought tears to my eyes.

a voice so familiar i would've thought it was just from a memory.

i looked at adelina and she grinned, "the boy from the picture."

tears welled up in my eyes as i turned to see my best friend standing there.

"spence!" i whisper and he grins.

"no ones called me that in a long time." he grinned and i stood up.

"spence." i whispered again, this time holding out my hand.

he took it and pulled me into a hug, a classic spencer thing to do.

"hey moi." he said softly, holding onto me like his life depended on it.

i layed my head on his chest and felt his heart beating a million times an hour, making me smile.

even though i had grown a little bit, spence was still a lot taller than i was, even in my booted heels.

"spencer knight." i say, not believing it's him.

"moira williams." he said and i laughed.

"no ones called me that in a long time." i say, repeating his words from earlier.

he hugged me one last time before we sat down with adelina and the boys from earlier.

"so you're the boy from her pictures." adelina said, grinning from ear to ear, looking between the both of us.

"i am." he told her, grinning shyly at me.

"and you're the only girl that's ever made this guy cry." one of the boys said and i looked at spencer.

"i was the only girl that ever made you cry?" i asked and he nodded.

"moi, you were the only girl that's ever been on my mind, ever since that first competition." spence said, playing with my knuckles, making a blush rise to my cheeks.

"wow, that sounds so familiar, doesn't it moira?" adelina asked me in french and i narrowed my eyes at her.

"adelina, i swear if you say anything remotely embarrassing i will not hesitate to make you go skating again." i said back in french.

"moi." spencer said, wrapping his hand in mine.

i took a deep breath and calmed down, sending a smile towards him.

"so, why are you guys here?" adelina asked the three boys.

"we play for team usa."