fourteen

moira

"cole! you won't fit in there!" i laugh as cole sits in a little toy thing, the kind of thing that runs on coins.

he laughs, sitting in there anyways.

spencer, alex, and nick were all running around playing hide and seek while dustin was trying to flirt with some poor girls.

"cole, you're dumb." i laugh, making him laugh.

"so, what happened with spencer? like the whole story?" he asked, looking at me with curious eyes.

"well, we met when we were like eight, at a skating competition. we clicked and became best friends and spent most of our life best friends. well, until i moved when i was a fifteen year old, he was sixteen." i explained, shortening what happened.

"okay, but when did you start to like him as more than your best friend?" cole asked and i blushed.

"um, what are you talking about?" i asked, but he gave me that look and i blushed bright red.

"you know, that moment when you started falling for him." cole described, waving his hands.

i sighed, "i think i was always falling for him, but the year before i moved, the knight's had a christmas party and spencer got a little bit of alcohol. he confessed his feelings, but you know spencer, a blackout drunk, didn't remember anything except drinking. just the way he was, i don't know, made me fall for him." 

cole smiled, and put his hand on his heart.

"aww, that's so sweet." he cooed, reaching out to grab my hand.

i laughed, swatting his hand away.

"cole! moira! come on, let's go get some meatballs!" dustin called, waving us over.

i started walking away but cole called me back.

"uh moira?" he asked and i looked at him.

"i'm kind of, uh, stuck." 

~~

"so what did you and cole talk about?" spencer asked on the walk back to the hotel.

i giggled, "why? you jealous knight?"

"no, just curious." he huffs and i laugh, wrapping my fingers around his.

"he just asked what happened between us spence, absolutely nothing to worry about. you know you have my heart love." i tell him, smiling.

"i know love, i'm sorry i was jealous." he said, kissing my head.

"love birds." alex sings, skipping by us, arm in arm with dustin.

spencer looks at me, his eyes asking if we could go run up with them.

i laughed, "spence, i love you but i'm wearing stilettos."

"i can fix that." he says, bending down to let me on his back.

i laugh, jumping on his back, putting my arms around his neck.

he runs, passing dustin and alex, me laughing.

he ran all the way to a block before the hotel.

he set me down and i laughed, "spence?" 

"love, they won't catch up to us for a little bit." he says, out of breath.

"okay?" i say, laughing nervously.

"you're gorgeous, you know that?" he asked and i smiled.

"spence." i grin and he pulls me close, letting me wrap my arms around his neck.