nine

"we play for team usa."

that was enough to bring a giant smile to my face, picturing spencer making his way throughout the years doing what he loved.

"no freaking way, we're here to watch them." adelina said, then paused, "well i guess you guys."

alex grinned as he looked at spence, who was looking at me, playing with some of my hair.

"are you guys doing anything later?" trevor asked and i looked at adelina.

"well, um, not really i guess." adelina said, looking at me and shrugging.

"well now you are. come hang out with us." trevor said, looking with puppy dog eyes at adelina, which made me grin.

"moira can't." spencer said and i looked at him, grin on my face and eyebrow raised.

"and why can't i?"

"because i'm going to walk with you around the city." he said and i laughed softly.

"and do i get a say in this?"

"did i get a say in going to the junior grand prix final?" he asked and i giggled, remembering what happened.

"not really?" i say back, questioning him.

"so there's your answer." he said, also remembering that day, well more like week.

"alright fine." i giggle and roll my eyes.

we ate lunch and then headed back to the hotel, adelina and the two boys walking ahead of spence and i.

"i was so angry." spencer started and i turned to him with a questioning look.

"i was so angry when you never called or sent any letters. i was mad at myself, wondering what i did to make you mad, so i started going through old pictures from when we were little and then i got sad." he said and i could see his eyes gloss over, making mine gloss over.

"when i joined team usa, alex and these other two kids tried setting me up with a bunch of different girls, but i didn't want them, i just wanted you. and that lead me to explain our story, and it made me sad all over again. i blamed myself because you probably wouldn't want a letter or a call from someone you knew years ago." he finished and i shook my head.

"i'm sorry, i know i should've called or sent a letter, but i was waiting for you. you have no idea how many boys adelina and my mother tried to set me up with. but just like you wanted me, i wanted you. so i stuck to skating and school. my coaching staff loves that i'm a world figure skater devoted to skating but they don't know what cost it took to get there." i say, looking down at my foot.

"what ever happened to you, i watched on tv for you but i never saw you." spencer asked innocently.

"the doctors told me i can never compete competitively again, it would be too much stress and i can really mess up my foot again. so i never risked it." i explained and he put his arm around my shoulder, letting me lean into him.

"i'm sorry moi. i love you to the end of time." he said and i giggled.

"i love you until the end of the universe." i told him and we both laughed.

when we got to our floor, spencer pulled me into a hug.

"i'm sorry moi, i love you and hope you never forgot that." he said and i smiled softly at him.

"if there's one thing i could never forget, it's how much you loved me." i said, blushing a little.

we pulled away and he grinned.

"dress nice, i'll be at your door at seven." he said and went to his room, turning around ever so often and i smiled.

i walked back to adelina and i's room and shut the door, leaning against it and sighing softly.

"i've never seen you so happy." adelina said, smiling big as she came out of the bathroom.

"i missed spencer so much, he's the reason why i'm so happy." i told her, smiling as i remembered the way he first looked at me today.

"you love him." she stated and i nodded.

"i never stopped loving him." i told her, grinning sadly.

"so what are you guys doing tonight?" she asked and my mouth dropped open in horror.

"he said dress nice and i don't have anything nice!" i shouted, starting to freak out.

"hey hey, relax, i got you. you're best friend, has everything you need." adelina said and i got up, giving her a giant hug.

"thank you, i love you." i said, then went to the bathroom and started the shower, taking a quick shower and then hopping out and blow drying my hair into the natural waves.

"please tell me you're decent!" adelina called and i hummed a yes as i was brushing my teeth, wrapping my robe around me.

she burst in with a red dress and pink heels with a matching pink purse.

"thank you!" i say and she gives me a grin.

i finish brushing my teeth and put on the dress, then strapping on the heels.

i put some powder on and a little eyeshadow and mascara, then put on my peach lip balm and grabbed the purse, walking out of the bathroom.

"wow, you look stunning love." spencer said from the doorway and i grinned, letting him tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"thanks spence." i mumble, smiling.

"okay kids, be good, don't do anything i would!" adelina shouted, the cackled as the door closed behind her.

"she reminds me of coach riley sometimes." i say to spencer and he nodded, chuckling.

"so, what's been going on in your life?" spencer asked and i smiled, that familiar feeling filling my chest once again.

"nothing much, about to go out with this guy. he's super amazing at everything he does." i say teasingly.

"what a coincidence, i'm with a girl right now who's the same way." spence looks at me in joking disbelief.

"the guy i'm with wouldn't stop saying i love you every five minutes back in sophomore year." i say and he rolls his eyes, laughing.

"moira lemieux, i love you." and with that, my stomach is filled with butterflies once again, making me feel like i'm back in high school.

"not as much as i love you spencer knight." i grin as we head out of the hotel for a night on the town.