Qui-Gon Jinn, Secret Sith Lord, And Sith Apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi

"OBI-WAN, I HAVE something to tell you," Qui-Gon Jinn said, turning off the training robot. Obi-Wan pulled the blind helmet off his head and threw it on the ground somewhat angrily. He hated those things.

"What is it, Master?" Obi-Wan asked, curious despite himself. 

Qui-Gon glanced up at the security camera in the corner, then waved his hand and turned it off. Obi-Wan watched him curiously.

"Close the door," Qui-Gon ordered. Obi-Wan did as told, turning his back on his master to do so. He wasn't entirely worried by the spike of anger he sensed coming from Qui-Gon -- he often sensed it in one-on-one training, and sometimes in group training as well.

When he turned back to Qui-Gon, however, he was both surprised and worried to find that Qui-Gon's eyes were not their normal brown.

Instead, they were a terrifying yellow-orange.

"Whoa!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. "Qui-Gon, what --?"

"Hush and I'll tell you," growled Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan thought it wise to shut up.

Qui-Gon closed the yellow-orange eyes and took a deep breath, then opened them again and said, "Obi-Wan...I'm not a Jedi."

"You're not?" Obi-Wan said, puzzled. "Then why are you in the Order?"

"I'm a spy," Qui-Gon confessed. "A Sith spy."

Obi-Wan gasped. "A Sith?" he echoed. "You?"

Qui-Gon nodded. "Yes. Haven't you sensed it? Come on, you're smarter than that."

Obi-Wan bristled. Had Qui-Gon just called him stupid? How dare he!

Qui-Gon closed the Sith eyes again, a smile on his face. "Yes," he said, "use your anger. Use your fear. Use your hate. They will make you powerful."

"But what about the Jedi?" Obi-Wan asked, confusion mingling with his anger.

Qui-Gon snorted. "The Jedi are weak. What do they know of power? They don't even allow emotion. And to feel emotion, my young Padawan, is to be human. Are the Jedi suggesting that we not be human?"

This made perfect sense to Obi-Wan. "Apparently so," he sneered. "I know half the Jedi are alien, but aliens have emotions as well. It's not just human nature to feel emotion."

"Exactly," Qui-Gon said, opening his eyes again. "Yoda, Mace, they all say anger clouds your judgement. In reality, it sharpens your senses, makes you more aware of your surroundings. This is the way of the Sith, and this is what I must now pass on to you. My master would want it."

"If you're a Sith, then who is your master?" Obi-Wan asked.

"The greatest of us," Qui-Gon replied. "Darth Sidious. He trained Darth Tyrannus -- you know him as Count Dooku -- and Darth Maul is his newest apprentice. He knows the three of us will end up killing each other at some point. After all, there can only be two, by the ancient rules of the Sith. Just as apprentice has always killed Master, the same sort of thing is being applied here. The three apprentices will kill each other, and more Sith will rise. We will have our revenge on the Jedi."

"When do I become one of you?" Obi-Wan asked, amazed. The Sith sounded much better than the Jedi.

"I have to train you first!" Qui-Gon said with a laugh. 

"Isn't that what you've already been doing?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"I've been giving you Jedi training like my master instructed me to. Now that you know about us, I can start your real training," Qui-Gon explained. "Starting with this."