Anakin Promised Obi-Wan A Fun Night. Sorry, This Is Going To Be Long

OBI-WAN AND ANAKIN stayed in the shadows. They could have done this from Obi-Wan's room, but as they were heading out for a murder spree afterward they'd decided it would be best if they met Ahsoka somewhere in the underworld of Coruscant, away from Jedi security holograms. They'd landed Obi-Wan's Sith ship somewhere in the back alleys of Coruscant and were heading toward their rendezvous point.

"Obi." Anakin breathed his name, a warning. He squeezed Obi-Wan's hand slightly, one of their silent signals.

"I feel it too. Someone's coming." Obi-Wan's voice was a barely audible whisper. The only reason Anakin could hear it was because he was standing at Obi-Wan's side. 

The pair of Sith stood, still and silent as shadows, waiting for the unknown to pass. A figure rounded the corner, and Obi-Wan's breath caught in his throat as he recognized the silhouette.

That wasn't possible. That couldn't be possible. He was supposed to be dead. How was he here, how was he alive?

Who was he talking to...?

Looking closer with his keen Sith eyes, he saw the diminutive figure on a hovering cushion and recognized it as Yoda. Anakin stiffened beside him, obviously recognizing the small Jedi Grand Master as well.

And then Obi-Wan caught his name. 

"...keeping an eye on Kenobi, correct?" the ghost was saying. Except Obi-Wan knew he wasn't a ghost. He just didn't know how.

"Correct," Yoda replied. "And on young Skywalker, we are."

"Good," the figure said. Then, "Why won't you let me go back to my job? I'm perfectly fine."

"Believe you dead, the galaxy does," Yoda said. "To bring you back, a fatal mistake may be."

"But Master," the figure complained, "I can do much better in my role as a spy if I'm, oh, I don't know, actually able to do something instead of being trapped here on Coruscant!"

"Quiet you must be," Yoda cautioned, for the stranger's voice had risen considerably. "Know who is listening, we do not."

"Wasn't the point of coming out here in the first place so that no one would notice us?" the stranger asked, sarcasm dripping from his tone, though he did lower his voice.

"The point it was, yes," Yoda said. "But underestimate Sidious, we must not. Assume he watches Coruscant, we must, hmm?"

"I suppose," sighed the stranger. "And unless I'm too behind the times, he is still based somewhere here on Coruscant. The problem is, with the city being so huge, he could be anywhere."

"Doubt our abilities, we must not," Yoda said. "Find him, we may, or find him we may not, hmm? In the meantime, strong we must be, if to win this war we are."

"Is this war winnable?" the stranger asked. "We seem to be doing everything and nothing works out the way it should. We have victories often, but so do the Separatists. We lose a lot of good men and women out there, and what do the Separatists lose? A few machines?" The stranger shook his head. "It seems like this war spells doom for the Jedi Order."

"The Dark Side...strong it is in these troubled times," Yoda said. "Clouds our vision, it does. Difficult to see anything, it is. But give up hope, we cannot."

"Give up hope and the war's half lost," the stranger said bitterly. "Believe me, I know. I've been through too much war in my lifetime. The clan war on Dathomir, the Trade Federation's occupation of Naboo, and now this. But in all that time, I have never given up hope that things could turn out well for me, for the side I was on. Some of my friends...those closest to me...they gave up. And they died."