The Jedi Have Their Own Spy In The Midst Of The Sith...This Is A Jedi Interlude

"IS HE AWAKE?"

"Waking up, he is. Quiet you must be."

He opened his eyes, then immediately closed them again. Everything hurt. The lights were too bright for him. 

A shadow fell across his face and he reopened his eyes to find Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu standing over him. 

"Finally."

"How long...have I been...unconscious?" he managed.

"In a coma, you have been, for eight years," Yoda told him.

He winced. "Eight years? How in hell am I alive, then? The last thing I remember..."

"Quiet. Save your strength. You're going to need it when you go back to your job," Mace said.

"Speaking of your job," said another voice -- Ki-Adi-Mundi, by the sound of it -- "who is the spy?"

"Who are," he corrected. "There are two."

That caused a stir among the three Jedi. 

"Two there are?" Yoda asked. "Thought there were only two Sith at a time, I did."

"Darth Sidious is completely breaking the rule of two," he explained. "There are five or six Sith at the moment. His plan is for us all to kill one another so that the rule of two can be reinstated."

"Who?" Mace asked. "Do you know all of their names?"

"I can give you the Sith names, but as for actual Jedi names I'm unsure. Except for one. The one that did this to me," he replied.

"Helpful, the names will be. Give them to us, you must," Yoda urged.

"Darth Tyrannus and his apprentice Asajj Ventress," he listed. "I killed one -- Qui-Gon Jinn, he was a Sith spy, I killed him at the Batlle of Naboo."

More mutterings among the three Jedi.

He closed his eyes again, trying to remember. Some sense -- he didn't know what -- told him there was another new Sith, the apprentice of the one who had done this to him. 

"A new one, Darth Vader," he said. "Obviously Darth Sidious, he's the mastermind behind this whole thing. If you're counting me because I'm a spy, then that one's obvious."

"Who did this to you?" Ki-Adi-Mundi asked. "Who is the remaining spy?"

This name he knew for certain. This name had been the name that kept appearing in his dreams for the past eight years. This name, this face, had kept haunting him.

"Kenobi," Jedi Knight Maul growled. "Darth Obi-Wan Kenobi."

-------------

surprise!!!!

sorry for a very short chapter, but it is an interlude so it shouldn't be as long as the normal chapters anyway

anyway...jedi knight maul, anyone? this is why he killed qui-gon! i actually have to thank my sister for this idea, she's the reason jedi knight maul even exists, i was just going to make him another sith that doesn't care about anyone but himself until she went, "oh, you should make him a jedi spy since all the main jedi are sith now!"

so, ta-da, jedi knight maul exists now

i am going to add him in at some point later, i just don't know when or how, so this is not the last we've seen of jedi knight maul for this fic

anyway, the next chapter takes place a few years later, after the beginning of the clone wars. the jedi have decided to keep a closer eye on obi-wan and anakin but still act like nothing's wrong, which is why anakin has ahsoka tano as his apprentice. you know what, i think i'm going to put this right at the mortis episodes from the tv series so that the whole sith ahsoka thing actually makes sense. apparently when they're sith things on mortis go a hell of a lot different, so that'll be fun to write

this is where it starts turning into a little more ani/obi/ahsoka but it's still mostly obikin for the moment

yes ahsoka is a sith just like ani and obi-wan

anyway please comment if you like the story so far

thank you for reading

~R.A. Starkiller