And Another Jedi Interlude...What Happened To Maul After The Sith Left

AS SOON AS Maul was sure the three Sith were out of earshot, he reactivated his lightsaber to he could see where he was going. He'd spent the last few days scouting the tunnels for when the Sith came for him. He, Yoda, and Mace had worked out a plan to reintroduce him to the Sith spies. He just hadn't planned on behing hurt this badly.

Maul limped onward, holding the activated half of his blue lightsaber high above his head to see. Just because he knew these tunnels didn't mean he couldn't get lost. Besides, he'd normally done this in daylight. He knew that somewhere far above his head it was the middle of the night on Florrum. 

The darkness didn't scare him. The thought that the Sith might be back for him did.

Maul had to rest against a wall and assess his wounds. Those Sith were powerful, he'd give them that. Despite what Kenobi, Skywalker, and the one who called herself Snips had seen, they'd wounded him more than he'd let on. The lightsaber wound in his side was still open and bleeding, which surprised him; lightsaber wounds normally cauterized as fast as they were made. The Snips girl had managed to slice some of the wiring in his robotic right leg, which sparked with every step. Some of the Force lightning had slipped past his defenses, not that he'd let the Sith see that, and every breath hurt because of it. He wondered if a rib was broken.

Other than that, a few of his horns had been sheared off by whirling lightsabers; there was a long scar on his arm from Kenobi's lightsaber; his other side ached from where Skywalker or Snips had kicked it; and his shoulder had been stabbed. The saber hadn't gone completely through, but it went deep enough to make Maul have to look away. 

"Ow," he muttered under his breath.

He needed something to staunch the bleeding in his side before he lost so much blood that he couldn't move. Going with this idea, Maul tore off a piece of his tunic's undershirt and wrapped it clumsily around his side, wincing the whole time from the wounds in his shoulder and opposite arm.

Once that was done, Maul gave himself a few seconds to breathe before pushing off from the wall again and limping onward. Every step hurt. Every breath burned his throat and caused his chest to ache.

Definitely a broken rib, Maul thought. Kriff. Ah, well. I survived being cut in half, I think I'll survive this without much of a problem. 

But still he kept going, knowing that if he stopped anywhere for too long he might just give up. He'd die down here, either from lack of food or his wounds, or both. 

Maul was not one to give up.

He struggled on, pausing every few minutes to catch his breath and check his wounds. His side had almost stopped bleeding, but not before it had bled through the cloth of his undershirt. 

"Karabast," he muttered when he noticed. 

Eventually, the tunnel ahead started to lighten slightly. There was a slight breeze blowing and Maul knew he'd finally reached an opening. Presumably the one that led to his cave.

He rounded a corner and stopped, leaning against a wall. He deactivated his lightsaber; his cave was bright with firelight. 

Most importantly, it had medical supplies.

Maul stumbled into the cave, snatching medical supplies with the Force as he passed, heading for the cushion that served as both chair and bed. He collapsed onto it, exhausted and injured, and started to properly treat his wounds. They'd be fully healed once he made his way back to Coruscant and got himself into a bacta tank, but for now the hasty treatment would suffice.

The wound in his side wasn't bleeding anymore, but Maul resolved he'd save that for last, until he could use both of his arms without wincing too much.