Prologue

Every single investigator stood inside the main hall of the CCG building.

The air was tense.

Washuu Yoshitoki stood on the podium with a confident posture.

"Aogiri members were seen in an abandoned island," Washuu began, "That place is called Rushima."

We all stared at him as we waited for him to continue.

"Many blood will be spilled, and humans that will lose their lives," he said, "But."

Washuu Matsuri, Marude Itsuki, Houji Kousuke, Suzuya Juuzo, and Ui Koori stood bravely in the front.

"As long as Aogiri's not handled, true peace will never be obtained," Yoshitoki continued, "In this fight, they must be exterminated."

With pride, he eyed everyone in the room.

"Arima Kishou will be the commando of the defense squad, and I will be in charge of the Rushima offense squad," he continued.

We all looked towards him.

"Now, the Aogiri Extermination Operation begins."

After the meeting, I stood outside the building.

My H/C swayed with the cold wind.

I rubbed my hands together before putting them inside my CCG attire's pockets.

I took a deep breath of the night's air.

"Y/N."

I turned around to find Urie.

His hair is a bit longer than before and is in a neat undercut.

I smiled; he sure has grown.

And more similar to Levi-

"Urie, it's been a while," I greeted.

He nodded.

"How are things with the new Quinx? I heard that all of them are very skilled," I asked.

"They are," Urie said, "Their individual skills are very beneficial to the squad."

"You should introduce them to me sometime," I answered.

Urie nodded.

"How's Sasaki doing?" Urie asked.

"He sure isn't the Sasaki we knew before," I said, "But other than that, he is doing very well. I kind of have mixed feelings for his situation."

"I would too," Urie admitted.

The both of us sighed.

We stayed quiet.

None of us knew what else to say.

There are so many things that I wished I could utter at that moment; I wondered on how he's doing personally after the events that took months ago, how well he's been coping and if he's still painting away the stress that once overcame him.

But, I couldn't find the right words to say.

And it seems that he also had a few things he would actually like to confess especially before he leaves to Rushima with the others.

"Listen, L/N-san," Urie suddenly said, "I-"

"Squad Leader!"

Urie and I turned to face the owner of the voice.

It was a short young man with wavy hair and pink-ish hair.

Behind him were two girls and another young man; one of the girls has an athletic build and black hair that's tied to the side, and the other has short blue hair that's tied into two pigtails. 

Meanwhile, the young man was tall and has dark green hair with bangs that covers his eyes.

It took me a few moments before finally recognizing the blue-haired girl.

When she saw me, her entire face brightens up.

"Y/N!"

She quickly ran up to me and gave me a hug.

I smiled.

"Hello, Saiko," I greeted, "I like your hair."

She chuckled and released me from her embrace.

"Thanks!"

"L/N-san," Urie said, "These are the Quinx."

The three people that I didn't recognize quickly bowed.

"Nice to meet you!" the man with the pink hair said, "I'm Rank 3 Investigator Higemaru Touma!"

"My name is Hsiao Ching-Li," the girl with the athletic build said, "I am a Rank 1 Investigator for the Quinx."

"Rank 2 Investigator Aura Shinsanpei," the man with the long bangs said.

"Everyone," Urie then said, "This is First Class Investigator L/N Y/N, she's Associate Special Class Investigator Sasaki Haise's partner."

I then bowed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you!" I said before pulling off a warm smile.

"Well then, L/N-san, we'll be going now," Urie said.

I nodded.

"If you want, we can grab a cup of coffee sometime."

Urie turned around to fully face me.

He nodded and slightly smiled.

"I would like that."

We then bid our farewells as Urie and his squad left.

I leaned on one of the pillars.

I exhaled as I felt the cold air creep in.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from behind.

The footsteps stopped as I notice a familiar figure with dark hair standing next to me.

He was wearing a black suit.

"Yo, Black Reaper," I greeted.

"Can you stop calling me that, Y/N?"

I chuckled as I straightened myself and turned my head to face him.

"Sorry, Kaneki, it's kind of a habit."

Kaneki sighed as he fixed his glasses.

"Well, we should be going back now," he said, "We have a lot to do tomorrow."

I nodded and straightened myself.

We then left.