Chapter 26

AMERICA'S POV

AMERICA'S POV

Steve and I run down the aisle hand-in-hand amidst the clapping, out of the church, and to the front steps. The wedding party follows us excitedly. I snag one rose from my bouquet, close my eyes, and toss it into the crowd. After Pepper catches it, Tony immediately starts to run back into the church to hide. Everyone's laughing, including Pepper, and Steve pulls me in for a hug. A few cameras are waiting outside, but instead of freaking out, we just wave and get into the car. Let them know.

Once we're inside, he grins at me. "Hey there, Mrs. Rogers."

"You're all snowy," I giggle, trying to brush his tuxedo off a bit.

"So are you. Nothing we can do about that." I lean close to him, with only inches separating our noses. "You look gorgeous, doll."

"Thank you. You look just as handsome as usual." With all of the extra space in our limo, I lay down on top of him, my head resting on his lap. He leans down, kisses me lightly, then deeply. "We're married, Steve."

He smiles. "I'm the luckiest man in the world."

"Two days here, then Malibu," I say dreamily. I grab his chin and pull him down. "This thing has tinted windows, right?"

"I think so."

"Perfect. No paparazzi. Kiss me again."

"You don't need to tell me twice." 

Once we arrive, I stare out the window for a moment. Everything feels so warm and happy and wonderful.

"They're waiting for us," I say, biting my lip. "Is it bad that I kind of don't want to go in?"

"No, I know the feeling." He takes my hand. "Together?"

I smile. "Together."

When we step outside, it's like a blizzard. Snow swirling all around us, blowing my hair all over my face and making it incredibly hard to see.

"Just go straight!" Steve yells, grabbing my hand. We make it into the entrance, snow-covered, shivering, and laughing uncontrollably. We brush each other off as best we can as we step into the elevator.

"Good evening, Captain and Mrs. Rogers," FRIDAY greets us. "Might I offer my congratulations?"

"Thank you," we both say at the same time.

"Is everyone upstairs?" I ask. It was just easy to have a reception in the Avengers Tower, which we were able to get cleaned up after the whole Ultron situation.

"Yes, waiting on you. Should I announce your arrival?"

"Yes, please do," Steve replies. The elevator stops at the top floor. "Make it fun."