0.4: Awkward Encounter

All You Had To Do Was Stay by Taylor Swift

Henley's P.O.V

I can't believe I saw Duff again. I wasn't as surprised to see Steven. I knew he'd show up looking for me at some point. Not to sound like a bitch that expects everyone to miss her. That's just how Steven was, and is. A big-hearted, puppy dog sweetheart. I wouldn't change him for anything. I didn't want to see Duff though. He was the last person I wanted to see. He was the reason it took me such a long time to trust Sav when he went on tour when we first got together. I got lucky with that first tour. It wasn't that long. Only a month.

"Henley!" Tommy yells into my ear.

I instinctively push him away, which causes him to fall onto the floor. "What the fuck, Tom?" I glare at him as he laughs.

He pushes himself off of the floor and sits back next to his gorgeous blonde girlfriend. "You weren't paying attention. You went off into space like you normally do."

"You fucker. So you decided to scream into my ear instead of, oh I don't know, tapping me on my shoulder?" My glare only gets worse. Oh, if looks could kill. He'd be six feet under by now.

"That's not as fun," Tommy laughs, winking at me.

I pause, not saying a word. It was kind of comical how uncomfortable both Heather and Sav are. They hadn't been around me and Tommy before. Sure, Sav knew who Tommy was because I talk about the dumbass all the time, but he had no idea how we acted together.

Before I knew it I had lunged at Tommy, launching us into a normal playful round of wrestling. I thought I had the upper hand, since Tommy probably didn't expect me to attack him in front of his new girlfriend. I already knew our significant others were looking at us with horrified expressions. Somehow, Tommy ended up on top of me and pinned my arms above my head.

"Say I'm the best," Tommy taunts, one of his signature smirks on his face.

"Nope," I respond, sticking my tongue out at him.

Tommy opens his mouth to respond, but is cut off by a person jumping on him, causing him to fall to his side. For a second I thought Sav might've joined in on our fun, but instead I found Nikki lying next to me, a grin on his face.

The three of us start to laugh like maniacs. Tommy and I had some Jack earlier, and I'm guessing Nikki's on something. More than likely heroin. I've learned to keep my mouth shut about that subject.

I look past Nikki to see Mick and Vince just shaking their heads at us.

"I-uh-I didn't know your band was coming tonight, Tommy," Heather says with an uncomfortable expression.

"I didn't either," Tommy laughs, shoving Nikki.

I get off the floor to rejoin my boyfriend. I'm a bit worried about him. He's just staring at his hands in his lap. I move his hands, which still doesn't capture his attention. I sit down on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist, and I wrap my own around his neck. He finally looks up at me. I give him a sweet smile.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that look upon Sav's face is one of jealousy. If only he knew I saw the ex I was hopelessly in love with a solid year after we broke up earlier today. I can definitely confirm that he has nothing to worry about.

Sure, at one point I had a crush on Tommy, but after Duff came into the picture I completely forgot about that silly crush on my childhood best friend.

And yes, I think Nikki is one sexy motherfucker, but I would never date him or sleep with him.

"Are you okay baby?" I ask quietly, whispering in his ear.